Amp 4 Sonus Faber Cremona Floor standing

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Hey guys i have made up my mind after listening to a lot of amps. The Arcam AVR 600 did it for me. I will tell u why. This amp has real bottom end weight with speed as well. As well as sounding full through out the frequency rangre. They were other amps that could make u hear the texture of instruments a bit better but i was not enjoying the music.

With my clean sounding Cambridge Audio 840c player & the Sonus Faber Cremona's it was magic for me.

Also having an AV amp all in one that made the decision easy 4 me. The way this amp plays double bass is just the way i hear it live in a recording studio.

I know purist always have their say, but the sound of the Arcam did it for me.

Oh another very good amp was Moon. Almost like the Arcam but not as much power.

You see sound is about how u like to hear your music. Thats what really matters. Many people buy a hifi product cause so many Magazines say good things bout them, i say big mistake.

I brought a display one for 3grand & also upgraded to 3d card. Very pleased.

Thanx guy 4 all your suggestions.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Hey guys i have made up my mind after listening to a lot of amps. The Arcam AVR 600 did it for me. I will tell u why. This amp has real bottom end weight with speed as well. As well as sounding full through out the frequency rangre. They were other amps that could make u hear the texture of instruments a bit better but i was not enjoying the music.

With my clean sounding Cambridge Audio 840c player & the Sonus Faber Cremona's it was magic for me.

Also having an AV amp all in one that made the decision easy 4 me. The way this amp plays double bass is just the way i hear it live in a recording studio.

I know purist always have their say, but the sound of the Arcam did it for me.

Oh another very good amp was Moon. Almost like the Arcam but not as much power.

You see sound is about how u like to hear your music. Thats what really matters. Many people buy a hifi product cause so many Magazines say good things bout them, i say big mistake.

I brought a display one for 3grand & also upgraded to 3d card. Very pleased.

Thanx guy 4 all your suggestions.
May i add use magazines as a guide but always listen with your system before u part with your cash, cause some of the shops are just out to get ur cash.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It's hard to get across just how good the AVR600 really is, especially as the hub of a high class 2 channel system ....it's all too easy to write it off because it's an AV amp, without ever hearing it....so all credit for giving it a fair go.

In case it's of interest, I found mine responded well to a reasonably good mains cable, like the Clearer Audio Copperline (which can be sent back if no improvement is heard).

I'm delighted you're enjoying it, and hope you continue to do so until the upgrade bug bites again!

Are you using it bi-amped and through "stereo direct?"

CnoEvil said:
It's hard to get across just how good the AVR600 really is, especially as the hub of a high class 2 channel system ....it's all too easy to write it off because it's an AV amp, without ever hearing it....so all credit for giving it a fair go. In case it's of interest, I found mine responded well to a reasonably good mains cable, like the Clearer Audio Copperline (which can be sent back if no improvement is heard). I'm delighted you're enjoying it, and hope you continue to do so until the upgrade bug bites again! Are you using it bi-amped and through "stereo direct?"

Think it's harder to get across just how good Arcam amps are full stop.

The brand doesn't wham you between the eyes like some brands have a nasty habit of doin', but caress you gently into the music and coming up with occasional clip round the ear...
smiley-smile.gif

Certainly if my Leema went up in a puff of smoke I wouldn't hesitate to search the s/hand market for another Arc.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Am using Stereo direct. No not bi-amped cause Sonus faber speakers are just one set of inputs. But make the best crossovers.

I have got a wireworld sliver mains cable which works very well.

Its a joy to listen to.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:

The brand doesn't wham you between the eyes like some brands have a nasty habit of doin', but caress you gently into the music and coming up with occasional clip round the ear...
smiley-smile.gif

Certainly if my Leema went up in a puff of smoke I wouldn't hesitate to search the s/hand market for another Arc.

IMO Arcam's remarkable achievement with the sound quality of this AV amp was tarnished by all the bugs....shame really.

CnoEvil said:
plastic penguin said:

smiley-smile.gif

IMO Arcam's remarkable achievement with the sound quality of this AV amp was tarnished by all the bugs....shame really.

Understandable - this is where you need to put into perspective and detach the sound from the software blips. You can't tar all Arcam amps with the same brush.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Am using Stereo direct. No not bi-amped cause Sonus faber speakers are just one set of inputs. But make the best crossovers.

I've never done it with an AV and stereo direct but you can still bi-amp can't you? I've got an integrated connected to the low frequency terminals and a power amp connected to high frequency; only one set of terminals on the speakers required.

Currently listening to: Talking Heads - Fear Of Music

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts