Amazon....shrinking!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sonic Dreamer:

The event to which I allude is the first public appearance on a major USA broadcast media programme of spiritual teacher called Maitreya. Maitreya in the coming years will inspire Humanity to make the necessary decisions and commitments to implement strategies to save the environment and other socio-economic imbalances that threaten our survival. many will scoff at such claims, saying no spiritual teacher in the past have succeeded in steering Humanity away from perilous action, but those people in this category, I say keep an open mind, wait and see and be prepared to be astonished.

The Norwegian spiral light formation was actually created by one of four "stars", which are directly related to Maitreya's advent. These "stars" have been visible within the Earth's atmosphere for the last year and there is quite a lot of footage of them from various parts of the world available on YouTube.

Do you know if he operates as a consultant?

It might be useful to see if he is available to impart his wisdom at the upcoming Copenhagen summit. I would imagine his fees are quite considerable, though no doubt a pittance by comparison to the value of the contribution he would be making by saving us all from climate change.

EDIT

I just looked the chap up on wikipedia (having not heard of him) and it says the following:

"Maitreya is a bodhisattva who in the Buddhist tradition is to appear on Earth, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma. According to scriptures, Maitreya will be a successor of the historic Sakyamuni Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. The prophecy of the arrival of Maitreya is found in the canonical literature of all Buddhist sects and is accepted by most Buddhists as a statement about an actual event that will take place in the distant future."

I therefore assume he won't be present at the Copenhagen talks, nor on planet earth, for quite some time.

Quite what his contribution might be is at present uncertain in my mind. I think that what you suggest is dangerous in that it involves leaving the fate of our planet in the hands of, I'm not quite sure what, rather than down to the effects of our own actions.

I hope, for your sake, that you don't seriously believe in what you have posted and that you were merely making a joke.

A

Anonymous

Sonic Dreamer:

The Norwegian spiral light formation was actually created by one of four "stars", which are directly related to Maitreya's advent. These "stars" have been visible within the Earth's atmosphere for the last year and there is quite a lot of footage of them from various parts of the world available on YouTube.

Cheers,
SonicD

your statement is utter junk! .... read this link , then post your thoughts on that forum ...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread526637/pg1

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
hmtb:Sonic Dreamer:

The event to which I allude is the first public appearance on a major USA broadcast media programme of spiritual teacher called Maitreya. Maitreya in the coming years will inspire Humanity to make the necessary decisions and commitments to implement strategies to save the environment and other socio-economic imbalances that threaten our survival. many will scoff at such claims, saying no spiritual teacher in the past have succeeded in steering Humanity away from perilous action, but those people in this category, I say keep an open mind, wait and see and be prepared to be astonished.

Do you know if he operates as a consultant?

It might be useful to see if he is available to impart his wisdom at the upcoming Copenhagen summit. I would imagine his fees are quite considerable, though no doubt a pittance by comparison to the value of the contribution he would be making by saving us all from climate change.

EDIT

I just looked the chap up on wikipedia (having not heard of him) and it says the following:

"Maitreya is a bodhisattva who in the Buddhist tradition is to appear on Earth, achieve complete enlightenment, and teach the pure dharma. According to scriptures, Maitreya will be a successor of the historic Sakyamuni Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. The prophecy of the arrival of Maitreya is found in the canonical literature of all Buddhist sects and is accepted by most Buddhists as a statement about an actual event that will take place in the distant future."

I therefore assume he won't be present at the Copenhagen talks, nor on planet earth, for quite some time.

Quite what his contribution might be is at present uncertain in my mind. I think that what you suggest is dangerous in that it involves leaving the fate of our planet in the hands of, I'm not quite sure what, rather than down to the effects of our own actions.

I hope, for your sake, that you don't seriously believe in what you have posted and that you were merely making a joke.

Well thats made it a bit clearer, in fact as clear as mud.
emotion-1.gif

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm all for free speech, so if you think my comments are insane, reasonable, wonderful, idiotic, inspiring or junk it is all part of life's rich tapestry of debate and a positive thing.

It is nobody's place to collectively order us what to do, except the misguided politicians who believe they have the right to on the strength of possessing a moral/social/eco "concern" that is fundamentally preoccupied with their own financial and power-base aggrandisement. Last time I looked it does not seem Humanity is making a very good job of things under its own steam. Informed, wise guidance does not appear to be a bad thing under the circumstances.

SonicD

After days & days of reading this thread, I still cannot figure out why is it in the "Home Cinema" section?? It's turning out to be a very philosophical discussion.

Anyone worried about the future, watch 'Avatar'. I've got tickets for thursday
emotion-4.gif

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
"After days & days of reading this thread, I still cannot figure out why is it in the "Home Cinema" section?? It's turning out to be a very philosophical discussion."

When the world is moving towards more energy efficient products from cars to bulbs and now even homes,when the buzzword is a low carbon footprint and more efficient use of resources for the benefit of future generations it is only reasonable to raise this thread in the 'Home Cinema' section so that the A/V manufacturers can take note what we want in the future.

It's not about being worried about the future but being concerned about the environment, that's all.

As if the different Energy Commissions worldwide aren't already laying down strict regulations for manufacturers. Trust me, the manufacturers will not change their plans based on this thread.

A case in the point, who really asked for 3D TVs? Doesn't seem like we demanded it, but it is coming. They create a technology (a means of finding more avenues to earn) & advertise it strong enough for us to consider it as a necessity rather than a luxury.

Also, in today's cut throat competition, the manufacturers themselves will make their products more energy efficient to gain a brownie point on advertising. Otherwise LED & OLED technologies wouldn't have been invented, which are a lot more energy efficient.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
"As if the different Energy Commissions worldwide aren't already laying down strict regulations for manufacturers. Trust me, the manufacturers will not change their plans based on this thread."

I appreciate the time & effort you took to dig out this info and hats off to The Great State Of California which always takes the lead wheather its auto emmissions or energy conservation in other fields. What about EU ? or the UK ?

Manufacturers DO take notice of threads or posts in forums such as WHF. Every post makes a difference,every thread shapes the future.Someone,somewhere in California must have posted the first post before it gathered momemtum and it got enacted as a law.So don't tell me that the manufactrers totally ignore what is posted or discussed in this forum.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Dalesman:

"As if the different Energy Commissions worldwide aren't already laying down strict regulations for manufacturers. Trust me, the manufacturers will not change their plans based on this thread."

Every post makes a difference,every thread shapes the future.

And every sperm is sacred!

Can't fault the enthusiasm though.Keep shouting-eventually someone will listen. (but not on here)

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
"Can't fault the enthusiasm though.Keep shouting-eventually someone will listen. (but not on here)"

I'm sure the Ken Ishiwatas and Sony's of the A/V world visit this forum as well and it really is for them to make the change.

I rest my case.

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Sonic Dreamer:

at present science/technology propagated thereof only has the capability to detect and measure the "lowest" (crudest) form of nuclear radiation. There are, however, three "higher" levels of nuclear radiation of a more refined quality that science does not have the capability to detect and measure.

And, being undetectable, we know this exists because....?

Dalesman:

I appreciate the time & effort you took to dig out this info and hats off to The Great State Of California which always takes the lead wheather its auto emmissions or energy conservation in other fields. What about EU ? or the UK ?

Manufacturers DO take notice of threads or posts in forums such as WHF. Every post makes a difference,every thread shapes the future.Someone,somewhere in California must have posted the first post before it gathered momemtum and it got enacted as a law.So don't tell me that the manufactrers totally ignore what is posted or discussed in this forum.

Sorry, there's a separate section called "Off-topic & miscellaneous" which is the appropriate place for this thread. Shrinking Amazon forests are certainly not due to home cinema equipments solely.

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
bigboss:Dalesman:

Sorry, there's a separate section called "Off-topic & miscellaneous" which is the appropriate place for this thread. Shrinking Amazon forests are certainly not due to home cinema equipments solely.

Well, it is up to a WHF moderator to shift this thread to the "Off-topic & miscellaneous" section!!!

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
jc.com:Sonic Dreamer:

at present science/technology propagated thereof only has the capability to detect and measure the "lowest" (crudest) form of nuclear radiation. There are, however, three "higher" levels of nuclear radiation of a more refined quality that science does not have the capability to detect and measure.

And, being undetectable, we know this exists because....?

.......... because there are people who are not members of the orthodox scientific fraternity who have access to fields of knowledge and information the Scientists do not. Scientists (and I work with dozens of them on a daily basis), seldom look beyond the narrow confines of the areas of research they are concerned with, reinforced by the limited capabilities of the equipment they use. Their observations and studies consequently yield conventional conclusions, which prevent them from recognising certain phenomena/energy manifestations.

Sonic Dreamer:

.......... because there are people who are not members of the orthodox scientific fraternity who have access to fields of knowledge and information the Scientists do not. Scientists (and I work with dozens of them on a daily basis), seldom look beyond the narrow confines of the areas of research they are concerned with, reinforced by the limited capabilities of the equipment they use. Their observations and studies consequently yield conventional conclusions, which prevent them from recognising certain phenomena/energy manifestations.

Agreed. But is there ANY evidence? I'm sorry, but after the recent leaked documents which showed that we were being given wrong facts & figures by the environmentalists, I'm more skeptical now.

Yes, climate change is for real & we must do things to save the environment, but we should not be presented with headline news most of which is simply not true.

Dalesman

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Sonic Dreamer:

"Well, it is up to a WHF moderator to shift this thread to the "Off-topic & miscellaneous" section!!!"

Exactly!

Big Boss:

"It shouldn't have been posted here in the first place! "

Sorry if I've annoyed you that much,I'm a fresher to this forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts