Amazon music HD yamaha rn803d

Dazzaob33

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Can I stream Amazon music HD to my yamaha rn803d from the Amazon app and get hi Res HD track quality? As it doesn't show Amazon on my music cast app

Cheers

robdmarsh

I'm afraid the answer to that is probably no,sadly. How old is the rn803d?
I think I had exactly the same problem with the wxc-50, another MusiCast device. I rang Yamaha customer service and they said these older devices don't support Amazon music and will not be updated with firmware updates. Their excuse was it's all about licence fees and Yamaha has not paid and has no plans to pay the Amazon licence fees.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

Can I stream Amazon music HD to my yamaha rn803d from the Amazon app and get hi Res HD track quality? As it doesn't show Amazon on my music cast app

Cheers
You can get HD quality (that is CD quality not hi-res UHD) by using Airplay from the app on an iOS device. I ended up plugging an iPad into my DAC via USB to get hi-res music.

enthusiast_cityzen

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
It's odd, because the Yamaha 485 A/V receiver shows the amazon music icon in MusicCast.
But, Spotify icon in MusicCast (for RN803D) is just a shortcut for the Spotify music app from your phone. And having the premium account on Spotify app will let you stream the music to the 803D.
Considering that, maybe it is possible to use the Amazon Music app on your phone and select the output to 803D instead phone speaker (something similar to airplay)?

Tinman1952

It's odd, because the Yamaha 485 A/V receiver shows the amazon music icon in MusicCast.
But, Spotify icon in MusicCast (for RN803D) is just a shortcut for the Spotify music app from your phone. And having the premium account on Spotify app will let you stream the music to the 803D.
Considering that, maybe it is possible to use the Amazon Music app on your phone and select the output to 803D instead phone speaker (something similar to airplay)?
No the Amazon Music app only recognises casting to Echo devices in addition to Airplay.

enthusiast_cityzen

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
And I think I'm wrong with my theory, because when I click on Spotify icon on MusicCast it says that it will run the Spotify app from the phone and the app will run as a remote control only! I think that the 803D it has the Spotify installed and that's why the Spotify app is working as a remote only. And all the decoding of digital file is done by the 803D, not by the phone.
I apologies for the mistake and wrong analogy for Amazon Music.

Tinman1952

And I think I'm wrong with my theory, because when I click on Spotify icon on MusicCast it says that it will run the Spotify app from the phone and the app will run as a remote control only! I think that the 803D it has the Spotify installed and that's why the Spotify app is working as a remote only. And all the decoding of digital file is done by the 803D, not by the phone.
I apologies for the mistake and wrong analogy for Amazon Music.
Yes the 803 D has Spotify Connect built in so it streams direct to the amp from Spotify servers. If only there were an ‘Amazon Music Connect’! That would be cool…..🤞

TRENDING THREADS