Amazon fire stick

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a Denon x6200 and I want to run an amazon fire stick through 1 of HDMI ports on the receiver so that it passes through the video and I get 5.1 sound through the receiver. Is this possible or do I have to connect to the TVs HDMI port and use arc? the former would be more desirable because my tv is on the wall and cables will show for the amazon device and also it will be next to my sky router for the ultimate wifi connection.

has anyone already done this?

cheers

daveh75

Series1boy said:
I have a Denon x6200 and I want to run an amazon fire stick through 1 of HDMI ports on the receiver so that it passes through the video and I get 5.1 sound through the receiver. Is this possible or do I have to connect to the TVs HDMI port and use arc?

Of course. I don't understand why you think it would be an issue.

The former would be more desirable because my tv is on the wall and cables will show for the amazon device and also it will be next to my sky router for the ultimate wifi connection.

That's an oxymoron..

has anyone already done this

Of course, it's a non issue...

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've searched on the net and some people have experienced issues with certain av receivers such as pioneer, and my reason for asking is to see if any one has had issues with Denon, in particular the x6200.

if it does work, then I can plug into my Denon which is next to the sky router hence the contradiction.....

I'll just send it back to Amazon if it doesn't work..

thanks

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Fire Sticks are fine with fast wifi, but wired Fire boxes are better.

We've got one Fire Stick in our rental property and four Fire boxes in the house we live in.

Of you've got a "smart" TV, however, you don't need either to get most of the services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased a fire stick and had the same thoughts as you.

I set the stick up first directly in the TV, then plugged it into the back of my Pioneer 85.

The stick works fine and no issues, just makes sure the stck is not asleep if you select the HDMI port and there is no output.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Ome other thing to bear in mind....

I recall (I think, my memory isn't quite what... erm, what was I saying?) the Fire Stick comes with an external USB power supply, which you may need to use if your Stick can't draw power from the HDMI socket you plug it into.

Might be a good idea to use it anyway....

daveh75

Benedict_Arnold said:

I recall (I think, my memory isn't quite what... erm, what was I saying?) the Fire Stick comes with an external USB power supply, which you may need to use if your Stick can't draw power from the HDMI socket you plug it into.

The Fire Stick isn't capable of drawing power from HDMI, so you DO have to use it...

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

The Fire Stick isn't capable of drawing power from HDMI, so you DO have to use it...

Ahh.

Like I said, my memory isn't quite..... which way is Leicester Square please?

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Fire Sticks are fine with fast wifi, but wired Fire boxes are better.

We've got one Fire Stick in our rental property and four Fire boxes in the house we live in.

Of you've got a "smart" TV, however, you don't need either to get most of the services such as Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, etc.

my Panasonic VT is SMART, and has Netflix and many other apps but doesn't have amazon prime for some reason and is only 3 years old..

I'm thinking of buying the Amazon box now because its 4K and when I upgrade my tv next year, I won't need to buy another box and it hard wires into my router.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
None of our Samsungs came with Amazon Prime either. That's exclusive to the Amazon Fire boxes and sticks, I think.

That having been said, a lot of what's on Amazon Prime is available on the other subscription services, or you have to pay the equivalent of buying the hard-copy Blu-Ray to "rent" the movie, or isn't worth watching in the first place (like a certain new "motoring" show I won't mention).

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
None of our Samsungs came with Amazon Prime either. That's exclusive to the Amazon Fire boxes and sticks, I think.

That having been said, a lot of what's on Amazon Prime is available on the other subscription services, or you have to pay the equivalent of buying the hard-copy Blu-Ray to "rent" the movie, or isn't worth watching in the first place (like a certain new "motoring" show I won't mention).

My Sony 4K TV has the Amazon (Prime) Video app which will allow 4K viewing and I believe the PS4 pro offers the same.

My blu-ray player also has Amazon video (though not 4K) so it's not exclusive to the Amazon Fire boxes/sticks (in the UK at least).

daveh75

Benedict_Arnold said:

Not even remotely true!

Prime is available on Roku for starters, not to mention various Smart TVs, BDPs, STBs and games consoles...

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
daveh75 said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Not even remotely true!

Prime is available on Roku for starters, not to mention various Smart TVs, BDPs, STBs and games consoles...

Ahhh... I stand corrected :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts