Amazon Black Friday deals (staring Monday 22nd November)

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
[EDITED BY MODS FOR BREVITY] - BLACK FRIDAY AMAZON LINK

More info on the above link
We'll have over 200 deals, including:
  • Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
  • Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
  • Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
  • Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles
hmm very interesting, could be some mad deals on there, wonder what other online/retailers will do?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Good spot. It's always been huge in the US - interesting excuse for a sale here, too!
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:What's Black Friday when it's at home?

I don't think i have ever heard of it.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Clickety

Or...

In the States, it's the day after Thanksgiving, which always falls on a Thursday, so many people traditionally take this as an extra holiday, often unofficially. Hence the name.

It's also traditionally the start of the Christmas buying season, so major retailers have these Black Friday sales to kick off buying. Often they have special special offers, sometimes called Doorbusters, to hype up the sales more, and get people queuing up to start off the sales.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel:

Just asked someone near me and they said it has something to do with the share prices going 3-4 years ago.

Whether that is right or not i don't know.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Clickety

Or...

In the States, it's the day after Thanksgiving, which always falls on a Thursday, so many people traditionally take this as an extra holiday, often unofficially. Hence the name.

It's also traditionally the start of the Christmas buying season, so major retailers have these Black Friday sales to kick off buying. Often they have special special offers, sometimes called Doorbusters, to hype up the sales more, and get people queuing up to start off the sales.

That certainly explains the "Friday" part but why is it Black?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gel:gel:

Just asked someone near me and they said it has something to do with the share prices going 3-4 years ago.

I think that's Black Monday, although I seem to recall we had a Black Wednesday as well at some point. Then there was Black Betty (Ram-a-lam-dam) and also Black Box, Ride on Time but that's not important right now...

D

Deleted member 2457

the_lhc:gel:gel:

I think that's Black Monday, although I seem to recall we had a Black Wednesday as well at some point. Then there was Black Betty (Ram-a-lam-dam) and also Black Box, Ride on Time but that's not important right now...

emotion-2.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:That certainly explains the "Friday" part but why is it Black?

Well, as I said, it's often taken to refer to the fact that it's not an official holiday, but most people just take it off anyway, but it may derive from this:

"Black Friday" is the name which the Philadelphia Police Department has given to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day. It is not a term of endearment to them.
"Black Friday" officially opens the Christmas shopping season in the city centre and it usually brings massive traffic jams and over-crowded sidewalks as the downtown stores are mobbed from opening to closing.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Andrew Everard:

Clickety

Or...

That certainly explains the "Friday" part but why is it Black?It used to be red, but Mr Jagger did not like it that colour.

A

Anonymous

Hate to be the moaner, but I am sure they will give these massive discounts off the Manufacturer RRP. which could work out not that great of a deal.

But could be wrong.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Hate to be the moaner, but I am sure they will give these massive discounts off the Manufacturer RRP. which could work out not that great of a deal.

But could be wrong.
You're right - these type of sites always quote the reduction off the rrp - it sounds bigger of course
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Right enough. 60% off RRP is terrible.
emotion-18.gif

Behave!

Wii RRP- £179.99

Amazon price - £139.99

If 60% off RRP youre getting it for £72!

Thats bloody good IMO!

bobbyg81:

Right enough. 60% off RRP is terrible.
emotion-18.gif

Behave!

Wii RRP- £179.99

Amazon price - £139.99

If 60% off RRP youre getting it for £72!

Thats bloody good IMO!

Roger that!

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on Amazon next week

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Update on some other deals from Amazon next week
  • 50% off Sony TVs
  • 50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
  • Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
sweet this sounds too good to be true!!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know exactly what time these deals should start?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:So why is it starting on a Monday?because its the year of the tiger?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts