Amazon Black Friday deals (staring Monday 22nd November)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

WHAT A JOKE!!

You cant even click buy it as when you do its sold out, or it wont let you click it.

Amazon are jokers

And I doubt 10.00 off a drill will cause that much of a stir, also 10.00 off a wii game which was still like 20.00 sold out before you can click buy it.

I was on the web just as it started

A

Anonymous

A lot of people are moaning about the way Amazon have executed this. The lightning deals, i.e. the ones people are talking about are broken down into hours. There will be three or four items available at 9.00, 3 or 4 at 10.00 etc. The only way you can get an item is to click the buy now button within one second of it appearing to be in with a chance of getting one of the items. The price doesn't appear until the buy button and it takes you a second to register in your head what the price is. Therefore people are just hitting the buy button, getting the item and then when it is in their basket, deciding if they want it. By this time the item is sold out as theere is only a limited amount of each item.

This is going to create quite a backlash against Amazon. Many, many people are complaining. The words 'con' and 'watchdog' are being fired in many discussions...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Love it.

Amazon - We're giving you a chance to get discounts on certain items, but you'll have to be quick!

Customer - Arghh - I wasn't quick enough! This is outrageous, as I wanted to buy things at huge discounts. Now I'll just have to pay the normal price which I would have happily paid had Amazon not been running this promotion. What a con!!

D

Deleted member 2457

Certainly is bizarre, it's like some strange game.

A

Anonymous

Did you see the laptop they claim sold out. 800.00 and its only got a g wireless and only a dual core.

I think amazon might lose business with this, as they are not portraying the caring atttude they have always done.

I have never had a problem with them, but it seems like they are taking advantage of people with this.

800.00 FOR A DUAL CORE LAPTOP.... Come on

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002P8M9TU

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:

Did you see the laptop they claim sold out. 800.00 and its only got a g wireless and only a dual core.

I think amazon might lose business with this, as they are not portraying the caring atttude they have always done.

I have never had a problem with them, but it seems like they are taking advantage of people with this.

800.00 FOR A DUAL CORE LAPTOP.... Come on

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002P8M9TU
The laptop you are quoting is available at play for £740. Amazon sold it for £470 which is a great bargain. Who cares if they now sell it at £799 to make their bargain look especially good- go buy it at play.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I have to say, I am agog at the negative reaction to Amazon's promotion.

It's a sales promotion, for goodness sake, not an act of charity
emotion-40.gif
And it's not like they're forcing anyone to take part!

Yes, I think it's a tad gimmicky, but it's got everyone talking, hasn't it.....

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

emotion-40.gif

Exactly - nobody died

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:

emotion-40.gif

Its all about getting more traffic onto the site then hoping people will navigate around the site once there.

Everyone does it in one form or another, even shops on the high street.

I suppose those who missed out were just to slow.
emotion-1.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:I have to say, I am agog at the negative reaction to Amazon's promotion.
emotion-40.gif

My point exactly
emotion-1.gif

PINK MOON

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:What's Black Friday when it's at home?

Its became known as black friday when struggling retailers bank balance's went from the red to the black after the sales.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
there is no link - you go on from the home page through the specials deals for black friday - very limited numbers and different offer every hour from 9 till 9 - the wii one is over - click on the shop now under the black friday banner and change the drop down to sold out - they were todays deals - new deals everyday this week

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
This sale has been a farce, things are sold out even before it's released

The papers are are howling Amazon for this

if your lucky to get some of the good deals, GREAT. But most people haven't got a chance

shame really. Plus a lot of on-line shops and retailers are dropping a lot of there prices on a lot of stuff too

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
From reading some of the - quite frankly hysterical - reporting, many people have failed to grasp Amazon's lightning deals concept: you've got 3 minutes max to grab an item, and it's the luck of the click whether you get in there first or someone else does.

It's rather like the last three minutes of an eBay auction - you have
no idea how many other people are wading in, or indeed whether the
system will accept your bid in time.

Of course most people haven't got a chance - that's the entire concept of these super bargains. If everyone could snap them up, Amazon would go bust!

Interesting, though, that people don't expect Amazon - recently voted by the British public as its most trusted/respected brand (taking over from John Lewis) - to engage in such theatrics.

TRENDING THREADS