admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i just wanted to say a massive THANKYOU to all who have helped and advised me on choosing a new receiver. I am the v proud owner of an onkyo 875 and i must say its fantastic. The sound improvement on film soundtracks is beyond what i ever imagined, using it as a hifi amp brings out detail i didnt think was possible and as for the picture quality, truely amazing even with my budget buy denon 1930! Once again, thankyou from an extemely chuffed and avid fan!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We don't give out Awards on a whim, you know!

But seriously - really glad you're loving the big Onk: it's a fantastic receiver (with its video upscaling a slightly overlooked feature of brilliance, IMHO). Enjoy
emotion-2.gif

nads

[quote user="mark2"]i just wanted to say a massive THANKYOU to all who have helped and advised me on choosing a new receiver. I am the v proud owner of an onkyo 875 and i must say its fantastic. The sound improvement on film soundtracks is beyond what i ever imagined, using it as a hifi amp brings out detail i didnt think was possible and as for the picture quality, truely amazing even with my budget buy denon 1930! Once again, thankyou from an extemely chuffed and avid fan![/quote]

Mark just a quick question what Stereo amp are you comparing it to? and what speakers are you using for stereo?

tommyb

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
Much congrats!!!!

I ordered mine yesterday too! I can't wait to get it home and start messing with it either, so so excited!
emotion-2.gif

How much did you pay in the end - if you don't mind me asking? I ended up getting mine from Superfi in Manchester for £850!!!

Thank you to everyone who helpedme make my choices:

Onkyo 875 + Quad L-ite 5.1 speaker set.

I only have two isue left: Cables for the speakers & mounting the speakers! (yet more expense)

I can only commend Superfi so far - very very helpful and seemed very sincere! just got to try and negotiate for the cables, stands and mounts now and see what freebies I can get!
emotion-4.gif

Once again - thanks guys - great forum!

A

Anonymous

i am using monitor audio br5's for both front part of my surround system and for hi fi. The 875 has the capability of being able to bi-amp them by using one of the additional "zone" inputs and really does make a difference. I was originally using my sony 795 receiver as my hi fi amp and i paid £820 for the 875 and got a free qed qunex 1.3 cable. The 875 also doubles up as a rather splendid toaster/radiator tehe.Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts