Am I mad, answers on a postcard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
daytona600 said:
what is the title or your full name or order number & will check your order

Sorry, who are you?

If involved with snvinyl just despatch all orders...... simples!

If you don't have it in stock then don't list it as such on website / emails.... also simples. It's one way to get a very bad name for yourself.

Don't need order checked just despatched.

daytona600 said:
what is the title of the record you ordered or your full name or order number & will check your order

need more details to check your order & will help you with your query ( 3rd request )

Appreciate this is a public forum so I am not going to post my name here. If you can help then surely you know what orders care outstanding?

For what it's worth it's No. 8730, not that it's going to speed things up I'd imagine.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Al ears said:
Rather strangely I have since had two emails one of which said it's temporarily out of stock ( laugh)

Oh my [picks self off floor and wipes away tears of laughter] Here, have a stiff brandy to revive you.

daytona600, any lingering thought that I might ever order from Scott Nangle has been dispelled by your responses on this thread. I will never, never touch that seller.

Al, I can only wish you luck, and let's all have a party when that album turns up.

Al ears said:
thescarletpronster said:
daytona600, are you Scott Nangle? (That was asked above.)

If he is his interest should be shown, he isn't trying to push trade and get free publicity like someone on here. :)

Rather strangely I have since had two emails one of which said it's temporarily out of stock ( laugh), the darned thing has only just been released and website showed it as in stock on ordering, but they do have same on 2x45 rpm vinyl ( oh really?) and the next says it will be delivered Monday..... I wait without baited breath...

I therefore deduce that daytona600 is indeed Mr. Scott Nangle or an employee of same or possibly Alex Nangle as per email.

thescarletpronster said:
Al ears said:
Rather strangely I have since had two emails one of which said it's temporarily out of stock ( laugh)

Oh my [picks self off floor and wipes away tears of laughter] Here, have a stiff brandy to revive you.

daytona600, any lingering thought that I might ever order from Scott Nangle has been dispelled by your responses on this thread. I will never, never touch that seller.

Al, I can only wish you luck, and let's all have a party when that album turns up.

Monday it is then...... he says helping himself to another stiff drink in anticipation.... ;-)

At this point perhaps I should admit the album in question is, in fact a MOFI sacd as it's better than the 2x vinyl edition of same, and cheaper....

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
It's going to be an anxious weekend for both of us, Al. Do hope it arrives. I also ordered from there as they appeared to stock quality recordings, and so far have been happy with my purchases.

GeoffreyW said:
It's going to be an anxious weekend for both of us, Al. Do hope it arrives. I also ordered from there as they appeared to stock quality recordings, and so far have been happy with my purchases.

Maybe. However from my, and others, experiences in the past with this firm it would appear you have been very fortunate.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ive just been on his site - looking at the price of carts - he is showing a lot of stuff in stock - he must have £1000s tied up in stock lol

I for one do not trust this guy - hes a joke and puts internet shopping to shame

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
how does he make money !

too many problems - but like you say you were desperate so he was the last resort - i guess hes operating out if his spare room

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Oh ye of little faith.....(breathes sigh of relief).....

Anyway, Al, the main thing, now that you have your LP, is does it sound as good as expected?

I, too, have wondered about his supply methods, but the stuff I've had seems genuine enough. I almost moved my order for Santana Abraxas to him as it was around £15 cheaper, but didn't, then after I got my copy noticed that he was offering it for £499 - wonder if he sold it?

Still, I'm going to continue ordering from him until I have reason not to. Regarding the delivery time, I've ordered LPs from sites selling produce pressed in Germany, which took around the time you experienced?

Happy listening, Al.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts