Alternative to Oppo BD93?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

michael hoy

chebby said:
Michael, please can you sort your quoting out a bit on that last one? It looks like you posted what I said.

Not important here maybe, but if lots of people get the quoting wrong then no-one knows who said what.

Cheers.

[Done - MODS]

Sorry Chebby, do not know what happened.

In fact a few minutes ago I could not even find my post, then it re appeared :O

johnjay

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The pioneer bdp-450 looks like it may be a bdp-440 with the bugspray used...intensely. The op is looking to free some cash,but aren't we all these days? Freeing some money would be impossible for me in this game as i love upgrading too much.

But i don't think i'd ever spend the money i got from an oppo 93 to get the pioneer bdp-450. I'd spend all my time growling at the 450 instead,& im a pioneer fan!

Of course each to their own & in these cash-strapped times,money may be the necessity,depending on any given situation...

greycounciller

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to get the Pioneer BDP 450 as I primarily need a SACD/DVD-A player to replace my ageing unit.

I've read on various other forums though that the Pioneer drive is noisey to the point of being returned by various users.

Is there any other alternatives in the price region?

D

Deleted member 2457

greycounciller said:
I'm looking to get the Pioneer BDP 450 as I primarily need a SACD/DVD-A player to replace my ageing unit.

I've read on various other forums though that the Pioneer drive is noisey to the point of being returned by various users.

Is there any other alternatives in the price region?

Mine can be noisy when starting up but I dont even notice this, soon as it starts playing it goes quiet. A few people on here have the 55 which got good reviews. I have read a good review of the 450 on Trusted Reviews.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Thought of selling a kidney instead?

http://kidneykidney.com

That will free up a lot of cash , so you can keep the Oppo and maybe even upgrade other kit :)

D

Deleted member 2457

greycounciller said:
Thanks for that reply GEL.

Sonically, what can I expect from the unit?

I'll be look into ordering a DVD region free model during next week.

Hope I get a good one.

Don't know to be honest. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer. I am personally a fan of good quality audio components, and hear a difference between Blu-ray players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts