Alternative Subwoofer for Monitor Audio RX Silver £750

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Will shortly be purchasing MA's RX6 5.1 speaker package but the sub alone costs £750. To reduce costs I am willing to source an alternative but yet equally competent and great performing subwoofer to complete my home cinema system.

Can you recommend possible alternatives?

I've heard good things about B&W ASW609/610 which was an Award winner in 2009 but not sure what else to consider.

A

Anonymous

BK Electronics website

They seem not to give their stuff out for demo, but on other sites people rave about them.

They have a sub called the monolith, and supposidly it would destroy a subwoofer at around the 1000.00 range

They make the sibwoofers on demand and can take 4 weeks, but the monolith is a kitchen table, its massive.

But they have other subs smaller, which supposidly would compete with the RSW12 with ease.

Is there any RSW12's still out there ?

scene

Well Quantum electronics still have some black RSW-12s at £495 click
emotion-1.gif

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
triniguy247:
Hi,

Will shortly be purchasing MA's RX6 5.1 speaker package but the sub alone costs £750. To reduce costs I am willing to source an alternative but yet equally competent and great performing subwoofer to complete my home cinema system.

Can you recommend possible alternatives?

I've heard good things about B&W ASW609/610 which was an Award winner in 2009 but not sure what else to consider.

I've not heard the RX sub but the RSW12 is stunning. I've seen them for £399 for a while - not sure if there are any left but grab one as for that price, you won't touch it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. How does the RS series compare with the RX series from MA? I assume the sub won't be as good as the newer RX series model?

A

Anonymous

The word on the street..... And when I say street I mean here..lol

The is not much difference, little tweaks here and there, I think bigboss has one and he preffered it, but I dont think its worth the price difference.

scene

I don't think there's so much difference between the RXW12 and RSW12 - as said.

I think their are differences between other speakers in the range, e.g. RS6 vs RX6 with the changes to the c-cam RST cones. Think the RX6 is less bright with a flatter (i.e. more even) response across the frequency range, compared to the RS6, and this holds for all the rest of the range (apart the sub)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts