All in one systems and connecting blu ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All,

Still new to all this cinema stuff so apologies if it has been asked before.

What I wanted to know is.........

Is there something in specific that I need to look for when purchasing a standard DVD all in one system, so that if at a later date I wanted to add a Blu Ray player to play through the built in 5.1 surround sound part of it I would be able to or is this just jibber jabber ???

My thanks as always for your mighty knowledge !

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You want at least an optical or a coaxial digital port - preferably both so you're covered all round and even better if it has more than one of each for any other sources (but this is stretching it on an all-in-one system). This will give you standard Dolby Digital / DTS 5.1 sound from your Blu-Ray player.
If you want HD audio, you'll need an HDMI in which accepts Linear PCM or decodes Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio onboard - I think you're unlikely to find an all in one system that provides this though so just look for the optical / coaxial port.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that.
The system at the moment will be a sony dav is 10 with a Panasonic TH-37PX80B, I would like to go seperate's but the wife is not happy with a mountain of kit and large / medium sized speakers all over the place so I thought it would be a decent compromise that would allow hopefully the benefit of blu ray without having to re-invest again.

Cheers
Henry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts