All-in-one System Upgrade!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need help!

I have reluctantly agreed to sell my B&W 600 Series3 speakers as we no longer have the room for them since moving house. I also have a Denon 3910 DVD player and an old Sony AV amp. I am looking to replace the whole set up with something more 'girlfriend frinedly'!

Are there any decent all-in-one systems? I have about £2000 to spend but may go higher if the system warrants it. Being a B&W fan, I quite like the look of the MT-30 but can I get a one box solution to go with them?

Any suggestions would be great. I currently watch a lot of movies and only really now play music through my iPod. I also own a PS3 and so I am buliding up my blu-ray collection.

Oh and my TV is a pioneer 428XD.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you already own the PS3 and are keeping it, then there's not really a need for a one box solution as you can play DVDs and Blu-Rays through this. So the MT-30 set with a decent amp would work fine in that situation.

A

Anonymous

Look at this for an all in one jobby, but bear in mind their new range is due soon. Also the 'Cons' implies that this system is entering the realms of seperates which is a whole diff ball game.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help. It's given me food for thought. I guess I might as well wait for the new models to come out first.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
don't go for an all in one solution you will just get frustrated - they are all a compromise and in my opinion to much so - i have the Arcam Solo Movie and use it in my bedroom as a 3.1 system no surrounds - it is an ok performer in its own right but i had far too much kit that wanted to connect to it for it to be a stand out product and think the 5stars is generous esp at 2k. Also no way to get the HD audio out of the PS3 usuing this item as doesn't accept sound over HDMI.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
http://www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk/index.php?product_id=1970256&option=Prod_detail&image_id=573560

how about the above well under your budget and a good looking setup. Although again you won't be able to get the full hd sound from the PS3 - but would work really well together

A

Anonymous

The best thing you could do is buy a cracking AV amp like the Onkyo 905 for £800 (Richer Sounds) and then hide the items in a cabinate using an infra-red repeater to allow your remote controls to continue to work. (http://www.keene.co.uk/multi.php?mycode=IRBKITS)

Of course you've said you want to change your speakers, but my suggestion above is what I'd do first. You already have some great kit. The right AV amp is the missing link with a bit of concealment and some sensible cable management. You could also attach an Onkyo iPod dock into the mix and wire this through onto the top surface of whatever cabinate solution you go for. (Don't forget ventilation for your kit though).

Much better than a one box solution, in both sound quality and value for money!

A

Anonymous

I think I have (finally) settled on buying a seperate amp and playing everything through my PS3. I seem to listen to more music via my ipod than anything else nowadays so CD playback is not really an issue. I'm still stuck on the idea of the B&W MT30's and think I will get the Pioneer SC-LX71 to partner them (As it matches the TV, got to have the girlfriend in mind). I will probably get a seperate blu-ray player at some point in the future so I want a decnt enough amp.

Any thoughts on the above combo and do you know the best place to get them from, as in price and service?

Thanks,

Agee

A

Anonymous

HI im also looking for a more user friendly blu ray all in one system. but for a lot smaller budget around £500. at the monent i cant find a lot? are there any in the pipeline?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts