Alfa Romeo thread - back from the dead!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WayneKerr

Just getting the motorbike back on the road after a 2 year hiatus only to find that I have put on a few pounds since retiring and none of my clothing fits anymore :)... just been on a forced spending spree to replace... not cheap! :(

WayneKerr

How much is a set of leathers?
Depends how much you're willing to pay :) Old leather jacket was around £250, trews £180, about 14 years ago. Only replaced the jacket so far at the same price as the old one but the quality is nowhere near my original. I guess if I wanted to replace the old gear like for like then around £800. Then there's gloves, a lid, and boots, fortunately my weight gain has not affected my shoe, hand or head size :)

Even with my permanent 4 wheel drive vehicle the fronts always wear more than the rears as they are the ones that steer.....
The fronts also do more of the braking work, so it may well be that wear rates are a little biased f>r. But I suspect traction is where mine gets a good chunk of wear, and in that respect more goes rearwards. I'll ask when they get changed, but from a quick manual inspection I don't see much difference.

Reactions: Al ears
:LOL::LOL: brilliant!
Mrs 12th is going through a load of old clothing at the moment - dresses from posh events etc (few and far between with us) and found the waistcoat I wore on our wedding day. I'm staggered that I can actually fit in it again, albeit I wouldn't want to wear it for an entire day. Not too bad as it'll be 30 years* in July, and ten years ago the thought would have been laughable...

*I believe it's an offence not to make reference to getting less time for murder etc etc...

Reactions: WayneKerr
Amazing how much quieter new rubber is - though wheels haven't been balanced properly so back in on Friday.

Crack in windscreen from stone thrown up by another car on motorway this morning - new screen needed and there's a £190 excess. Been an expensive month on the car front, this one...

WayneKerr

Amazing how much quieter new rubber is - though wheels haven't been balanced properly so back in on Friday.

Crack in windscreen from stone thrown up by another car on motorway this morning - new screen needed and there's a £190 excess. Been an expensive month on the car front, this one...
Noticed this myself many times, also seems like the power steering is more powerful too... until the side-walls soften up :)

Stopped insuring my glass years ago. Front screen needed replacing a few years ago for the same reason as you, went to a local independent £170... usual suspects wanted over £350!

Noticed this myself many times, also seems like the power steering is more powerful too... until the side-walls soften up :)

Stopped insuring my glass years ago. Front screen needed replacing a few years ago for the same reason as you, went to a local independent £170... usual suspects wanted over £350!
£190 via Autoglass. Come insurance renewal time, I'll be paying more attention to that section!

I've used ATS for many years and never had an issue*, so I'm giving them another shot. Tyres off wheels and starting from scratch this time. I'm as sure as I can be that the balancing (and not tracking) is the issue, as the wheels were checked for buckling when refurbished, and there were no issues at all when it went in. Frustrating, but I'm trying to be philosophical!

*Also cheaper than using something like Black Circles with this set, too.

Reactions: Al ears

Friesiansam

Have tried Black Circles twice. The first time the fitter I selected was great but, the second time, this year, they weren't available. I selected a fitter online, BC took it upon themselves to book me into a different one. I went to the fitter,waited, eventually fitter came in, said a locking wheel bolt was too tight and had broken, so they didn’t want to continue.

Took it to our local garage, it took four hours to get the broken bolt out, they charged me for two hours, seems PSA locking bolts are the worst. James at the local garage said none of the bolts were overtightened, the fitter just buggered it up. They got me the same tyres and did the job properly for slightly less money, Black Circles got nowt.

The car no longer has the locking wheel bolts, apparently nobody steals alloy wheels anymore.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts