Albums you have not listened to for ages and forgot how good they are

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Scoured the back of my cd colection last night and blew thew dust off 'graceland' by paul simon,didnt like the first track but the rest was foot tappingy good,forgot how good this was. Also 'blue lines' by massive attack,the opening of 'unfinished symphathy' rattled the window panes.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Funny as I was having a text conversation with a mate of mine about this last night. I dusted off Siamese Dream By Smashing Pumpkins. Potentially my favourite of all time. I'd forgotten how great that dirty sound is.

A

Anonymous

Took a stroll back to my yoof with these:

41WYVCCEF3L._SS500_.jpg

51m5a9gRVjL._SS500_.jpg

both still quite brilliant

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Tumbleweed Connection by Elton John.
Band on the run by Paul McCartney & Wings.

Picked them up in DTD 5.1 format together with some other oldies and they sound timeless.
Elton really was a fanatic for quality and detail even back then and it shows.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:bretty:Radiohead - 'The Bends'bretty, how could you forget how good this album is?!!

I know!

I played the granny out of it back in '96 on a daily basis and frequently after that, but I think it'd been a good five years since I played it. I listened to it at the weekend and it was like i was hearing it for the first time. 'Bulletproof (I wish I was).....Stunning. Had a lump in my throat and all sorts!

A

Anonymous

dug out and re-ripped as lossless the stone roses and have heard cymbals and all sorts of detail I'd never heard. Somewhere in the attic I've got tape 000997 and I thought I knew it well. I bought the CD last year sometime and it got misplaced in new baby arrival

still as amazing as it ever was

A

Anonymous

Wish you were here - Pink Floyd

Listened to it a lot about 20 years ago on tape, bought it on CD recently

just fantastic, it set me off on a deep prog rock dive into spotify

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Wilco yankee hotel foxtrot which i put on a couple of weeks ago. sounded fantastic. agree with you on blue lines absoulute scorcher of an album. also listening to pink floyd pulse at the mo excellent live album which i have not heard in ages.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts