Album Art Synology

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have just bought a Synology Ds213J to play all my Flac files from.

I have uploaded all my music but I am missing 90% of album art. All music was ripped from CD and files created for artwork,within the specidfied artist folder.
Any ideas ???

Have to say very impressed so far with the product although it did take some time to get to grips with.

Thanks

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Hifi outlaw

I uploaded some photos as well last night and wasnt able to see all of them either so that explains that :dance:

Do you keep yours on 24 hours ?

Mine asks for me to dowload VLC video player to view mobile file. Does that sound right ?

Thanks

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
alpne1 said:
Thanks Hifi outlaw

I uploaded some photos as well last night and wasnt able to see all of them either so that explains that :dance:

Do you keep yours on 24 hours ?

Mine asks for me to dowload VLC video player to view mobile file. Does that sound right ?

Thanks

yes, mine is on 24/7, she'll go to stanby mode alone if she has no taskes to do! This first day is advisible to leave it on 24/7.

VLC is just a media player, i've got it on my ipad as well.

:cheers:

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I posted some time ago re music system and FLAC files and you advised to get a synology NAS.

So I took your advice and I'm glad I did.

Totally amazed by the performance and I can now sleep happy with my system and purchases.

So thanks HI FI outlaw

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
alpne1 said:
I posted some time ago re music system and FLAC files and you advised to get a synology NAS.

So I took your advice and I'm glad I did.

Totally amazed by the performance and I can now sleep happy with my system and purchases.

So thanks HI FI outlaw

This is what the forum is all about !!!

Thanks! 8)

How do you control the DS Audio? Don't forget that the DS Audio has a equalizer only controled by PC, you can play a bit with it as well.

Pleased to help! :grin:

alpne1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes mainly use the app on the Ipad to control. Not used the equiliser as yet because I'm that pleased with the results .

I'm hearing things I havnt heard before on music I've been listening to for years.

Was really worried with the Cyrus and Tannoy combo but after dampening the tweeter and getting the Synology as footballers say " Im over the moon "

:clap:

Thanks

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have had my NAS for a few months now, all music was ripped with iTunes and the destination folder was the NAS

All my artwork has never appeared - to be honest I hardly ever use it but any ideas where my artwork is!

Funnily enough stuff I have downloaded for free (when i have bought the vinyl) the artwork is on the NAS but none of the iTunes artwork is

Anybody offer any help?

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve

I've got the same setup but my artwork all shows up. Have you embedded the artwork INTO each music file because iTunes stores artwork in a seperate database so the NAS cannot see it.

Your downloaded tunes will probably have it embedded already - hence it shows up. If you need a few hints on how to do this then let me know.

Cheers.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
Hi Steve

I've got the same setup but my artwork all shows up. Have you embedded the artwork INTO each music file because iTunes stores artwork in a seperate database so the NAS cannot see it.

Your downloaded tunes will probably have it embedded already - hence it shows up. If you need a few hints on how to do this then let me know.

Cheers.

grrrr where do is ttart? any help appreciated

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
It is a long process unless you use a different program.

For each album you need to copy the album art ( right click on the album picture and choose 'save'), then you must select all the individual tracks for that album (using ctrl and clicking with the mouse). Then click on the info option in the menu and paste the album picture into the space for it.

This will add the picture to each file. Unfortunately to do 100's of albums will take time.

i hope that makes sense.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a simpler way,1 - create a individual folder for each album, 2- add a picture ( need to be a JPG picture file) of the cover art and name it as "Folder" that way will apear in the DS Audio and other music streamers like the SBT. And that way you don't need to add like meta data to each music individual.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I thought there must be a simpler way than mine. :grin:

Your method also looks better in windows as the album cover shows up as the folder icon. Your method also keeps the music files smaller as mine adds the picture to every file!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
I thought there must be a simpler way than mine. :grin:

Your method also looks better in windows as the album cover shows up as the folder icon. Your method also keeps the music files smaller as mine adds the picture to every file!

I've done always like this, i don't use itunes for music for 2 years now, but i do have to use it time to time to back up the data on my ipad. For music on the ipad i use DS Audio buffered music or I connected to the NAS at home. :grin:

Nice to have your personal cloud! ;)

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I've recently changed to FLAC files and use Foobar or Winamp now instead of iTunes. I stream from the Synology to a squeezebox and an Airport Express using DS Audio.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
I've recently changed to FLAC files and use Foobar or Winamp now instead of iTunes. I stream from the Synology to a squeezebox and an Airport Express using DS Audio.

I have a SBT but i've connected my NAS directly into my Rega DAC throught is USB input, all i can say is SQ improved, and I wasn't geting along with SBServer, too much freezing and buffering with Hi-Res, and the app of SBT freezed every time that two ipads try to controle it ( my wife and mine)... Never figured out why...

All I can say is with DS Audio app all those problems gone now! Ok my hi-res play as 16/44.1, but i don't have that many and the SQ of the 16/44.1 played strait to my DAC they sound better to me that SBT into Rega DAC throught COAX...

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I have a SBT but i've connected my NAS directly into my Rega DAC throught is USB input, all i can say is SQ improved, and I wasn't geting along with SBServer, too much freezing and buffering with Hi-Res, and the app of SBT freezed every time that two ipads try to controle it ( my wife and mine)... Never figured out why...

All I can say is with DS Audio app all those problems gone now! Ok my hi-res play as 16/44.1, but i don't have that many and the SQ of the 16/44.1 played strait to my DAC they sound better to me that SBT into Rega DAC throught COAX...

I've not got a DAC but am tempted to try something similar. But the sound quality of the SBT is so good that I'm worried about spending £'s on a DAC for little improvement.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Can't recommend the Synology highly enough - using one myself, to rip CD's in FLAC to via DB Poweramp, it works a treat. Also, an 'unofficial' feature to the i pad app is that it supports Airplay, so you can use this in conjunction with a streamer that supports Airplay, for wireless playback :)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Say if I want to start again and rip my CDs to my MacBook - what software would you recommend??

i've used dbPoweramp CD Riper, advised in this forum, sorry but don't remember who... With no uncompressed level.

It rips the cd in a folder with all metadata, it works like a charm!

michael hoy

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
stevebrock said:
Say if I want to start again and rip my CDs to my MacBook - what software would you recommend??

i've used dbPoweramp CD Riper, advised in this forum, sorry but don't remember who... With no uncompressed level.

It rips the cd in a folder with all metadata, it works like a charm!

Use it myself, highly recommended.

TRENDING THREADS