alac files on squeezebox have no artwork

John Duncan

Does the artwork appear in iTunes? Not sure how iTunes handles artwork, it may embed it in its library file rather than directly in the alac files themselves; in which case you may need to add it to the Squeezebox server (if there is such a facility)?

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Squeezebox can pick up album art embedded in the alac file or (by default) from folder.jpg in the same folder as the music files.

What software do you use to manage your music tags? Media monkey is very good, but there are plenty of others to choose from.

Peter Larsen

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
iTunes keeps the artwork in a folder in your iTunes library, not embedded in the file.

That is unless you add the cover art yourself and not let iTunes do it automatically.

You do that by finding the cover you need on google/bing, select all files of a given album in iTunes, click crtl/cmd + i and then drop the artwork in the appropriate slot. If you have done this correctly you will see a statusbar in iTunes where it adds the coverart for each file you have selected. Yor SBT should see the new coverart immediatly or at least after a rescan of the library.

This way you coverart will "forever" be embedded in your alac files.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Peter Larsen said:
iTunes keeps the artwork in a folder in your iTunes library, not embedded in the file.
Haha I should have known they would do something that would mess you up if you try to take your collection somewhere else. That explains why I have been ok so far as I use other software to get my music to ALAC.

I have been forced in to using iTunes on my PC for a couple of reasons and I must say I hate it. No WASAPI or ASIO support, can't stop it switching to CD view when you put a disc in, shuffle play is not random (********), Can't arrange things by folder name, Won't take FLAC files, making it full screen on a second monitor puts some menus off the screen... the list of annoyances just goes on and on. The installed folder for it is nearly 130Mb... Such a mess, all I can say is thank god they don't charge for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts