AKG K451 v K452 and against E10

janvanh

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster:

I'm thinking about upgrading my SoundMagic E10's and going for headphones proper. My first question is "am I really gonna hear an improvement when moving to AKG K451/AKG K452?"

I notice from reading the magazine, that the AKG K451's are always recommended, but they are from what I read elsewhere the iOS version of the phones where AKG K452 is the android version. I also read that the K452 is using the same kit as the K451, just a different inline button on the wire.

Can anybody confirm or deny the quality of the AKG K452? and offer any insight as to why What Hifi themselves recommend the K451's as the phones to use with the recent Android telephone shootout.

Thanks in advance for any help.
best, Jan

I would say there is very little difference between the two, but the 451s will be cheaper hence their recommendation. I've had them and really liked them, but do try them first if you can as some people find them a little 'muddy' - all down to personal taste.

Either should be fine with the kit you mention as they are only 32Ohm impedance. However, you might wish to consider a portable headphone amp from Fiio or the like.

Hope this helps.

Geddy.

TRENDING THREADS