admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Took a punt for £20 and must say I'm very impressed with these. After about 10 hours play they're certainly opening up. I also have the K450 for portable use. I wondered if spending more on AKG will yield benefits or just a bit more detail/soundstage etc.?

Thank you.

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking AKG K240 MKII for clarity.
smiley-cool.gif
Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to spam my own thread but any thoughts still appreciated..........thank you.

A

Anonymous

Well, it's lonely here but I bought a pair of AKG K240 Studio Mark II. I wanted the lower impedance (55ohm vs the 600ohm version.)
smiley-cool.gif
Yet to test.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow it really is lonely around here! No AKG love huh? Please report back about the K240 II's when you get a chance, I'm sure someone will appreciate it including myself.

I just got my first set of AKG's on Monday in the form of the Q701's. Managed to get a bargain off Amazon (£164). I am really enjoying them so far and will write a review of them soon. They are my first pair of super open headphones and also my first reference set too (although I did borrow a pair of DT770 Pro's recently) so this sound is about as different as can be from my Denon's. As much as the Denon's are probably my favourite I do love this sound too though, I think it's nice to have both types if you can.

A

Anonymous

Nice one quad. I will report in once they arrive and I get some time listening.
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Currently about 20 hours run in so far! Will report in soon........
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Right then, about 30 odd hours in and really opening up nicely.

They are quite neutral and less bass than I expected. This is good, the transparency and lack of bass bloom is fantastic against all my other headphones, as tested.

For classical, acoustic and voice, they are outstanding. Less so for rock and pop, although still a great headphone, though very leaky.

Keepers for me, along with my AKG K450s, SoundMagic PL30 in ears and Senn HD202s!
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Graham,

How do they compare to the HD202s?

Would you be so kind to give a brief detail to the different cans you have?

I am interested as to why you have so many.

I ahve the AKG450, but would love some listening at home cans.

Are the large over ears going to be uncomfortable with glassess do you know?

Matt

A

Anonymous

Matt, the K44s are far superior to the HD202s for detail and more controlled bass.

However, the K240 Studio are a cut above to be honest. More details across the range, my favourites by a long, long way. They did take 40 + hours run in to be honest. Easy to drive. Glasses will not be a problem. I simply like the variety of sounds.

I also have the K450 for portable use and SoundMAGIC PL30s. Both great headphones.
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Graham,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will definitely have a pop with the K44's. I was contemplating the 202s based on previous posts, but will get the k44s instead. Looking forward to comparing them with the K450s

Matt

A

Anonymous

Welcome Matt. For £20 or less, a really decent headphone. Enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Hi Graham,

The K44's arrived today - £21 delivered!

My wife put them on to run in while I was at work today. After about 10 hours they have started to open up.

A completely different sound to the K450's, but I like it.

I'll give my full opinion over the weekend once I have played a more diverse mixture of tracks.

Thanks for the info though Graham

Matt

A

Anonymous

Nice review idc. Cracking pair aren't they!
smiley-cool.gif
I think my favourite set are the K450s though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts