AKG Headset k 272 HD or not? (Proper version)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a budget of 300$ that i can spend on a headset.

I appreciate any suggestions and experiences shared. I've considered buying the AKG headset k 272 HD. To learn more about this produckt I've read several reviews and articles about it. Overall i think it fits my need in comfort, design and sound, except the lack which appeared in almost every review I've read. The lack of bass. Due to my choice of music, I've figured i might get dissapointed, and was hoping, anyone with experiences or suggestions about other headsets that might fit my demands more properly,would advise my, which will be cherised.

The source is Ipod/Iphone/MacBook Pro.

The music i listen to is mostly bass orientated, like DnB, Dance and House

Thx, for any help provided.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question I have asked of a hundred people on this topic and have never gotten an answer. You, CCryx3 could answer this I think: When I have bassy music tracks, I want to use a less bassy headphone to even things out. When I have tracks that are very shy on bass, I want to use a strong-bass headphone to compensate for the weak bass in the tracks.

But you seem to be saying the opposite - that the more bass you have in your music, the more you want to further exaggerate that bass with a bassy headphone. Or did I misunderstand your question?

A

Anonymous

well, exageratting wasnt really what i was looking for :p my need is simply that my songs are bass heavy and I've read this headphone doesnt fully exploit the potentiel of the songs, due to its lack of bass.

And for your question its pure logic if you think your songs are low on bass find a headphone that compensates for it and emphasizes the bass in the songs. And the other way around if 2 much bass find a headset, which "oppresses" the sound of the bass, and focuses more on vocals and effects.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
CCryx3-69 said:
well, exageratting wasnt really what i was looking for :p my need is simply that my songs are bass heavy and I've read this headphone doesnt fully exploit the potentiel of the songs, due to its lack of bass.

And for your question its pure logic if you think your songs are low on bass find a headphone that compensates for it and emphasizes the bass in the songs. And the other way around if 2 much bass find a headset, which "oppresses" the sound of the bass, and focuses more on vocals and effects.

OK - I think I get what you're saying. Then my best recommendation for full bass control and detail would be the Vmoda M80 or V80 (same headphone with different red markings). I use them all the time - they're very portable, can wear around the neck when not listening, come with generic detachable cords, very nice and compact carry case.

EDIT: And the M80/V80 is made by the master DJ Val Kolton himself. Excellent with house, dubstep etc.

A

Anonymous

thx ^^ I'll diffenently look into them, and read some reviews and get back to you. Thx for the recommendation.

A

Anonymous

hm, I really must say that you hit me spot on. This headphone seems perfect, good with bass, able to tranportation and only flaw I've read is the price, but it is under my price range x3 and it gets uncomfortable after a few hours of usage and I'm probably not going to use it for that long. So i think I've decided to buy these, i much appreciate this recommendation, only question though do you own a pair of these?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
CCryx3-69 said:
hm, I really must say that you hit me spot on. This headphone seems perfect, good with bass, able to tranportation and only flaw I've read is the price, but it is under my price range x3 and it gets uncomfortable after a few hours of usage and I'm probably not going to use it for that long. So i think I've decided to buy these, i much appreciate this recommendation, only question though do you own a pair of these?

I definitely have the M80. And here's a little tip - I was not getting what I thought was a good fit, then I saw the Innerfidelity video for the M80 on Youtube, and it showed how to bend the headband to make the earcups be at just the right angle for my ears. So when I did that, I got a better fit, better bass, and the earcups were also more comfortable that way since there was equal pressure all around. Another thing I found out was the driver is actually made like a woofer-tweeter combination - maybe not literally, but the way it's designed it's able to provide better cleaner bass for its size than most anything else out there.

A

Anonymous

thx, I really apprecieate the tip and all, im probably going to by them in approximately 5 days. So im really looking forward to this. And do they still get uncomfortable after a few hours after the adjudgment?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
CCryx3-69 said:
thx, I really apprecieate the tip and all, im probably going to by them in approximately 5 days. So im really looking forward to this. And do they still get uncomfortable after a few hours after the adjudgment?

I don't know if I ever kept them on for several hours without taking off, but I know if I ever felt uncomfortable I would just take them off for a few seconds and then put them back on, so my ears would have a chance to readjust. I think this will apply to any headphone that has plastic or pleather earpads and sits on the ear. Plastic/pleather which is in direct contact with your skin needs a good seal for best bass response, but your skin also needs to breathe, even a surface as small as your ears. So just a few seconds refresh every couple hours is probably best. But I'm not aware of any long-term discomfort with the M80, since the pressure is moderate and the pads are soft - no pinching is possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts