AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones question

ajeas85

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Looking for a little help, I've recently won a pair of AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphones in a competition. I haven't took them out of the box yet as I've been looking at reviews and info, and peeps are saying that they are DJ/studio headphones, ideally just for music. I'm currently using a pair of Sennheiser HD201's for everything (music, movies, gaming), which are very nice.

Now, the question is, would the AIAIAI's be any good for this kind of use, or would they be wasted? Would I be better off keeping them in the box and selling them on?

Thanks

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't know the sound of the HD201, but you do. I do know the TMA-1 sound. My best guess is you'll find the sound of the TMA-1 much "bigger", with a better bass that has more detail, better midrange, and a smooth treble with lots of subtle detail. The thing Sennheiser can't do in a $20 USD headphone is the acoustical treatments that the better headphones get, so the cheaper headphone sounds more uneven.

You'll find the TMA-1 great for gaming and movies, and if you do things while listening to music they should sound great there too. But if you have some refined music that has the kind of details where you wanted to listen undistracted, and concentrate on those details, you'd be better off with a more hi-fi signature instead of the DJ-type sound.

The reverse is also true - with the more detailed hi-fi headphones, the better music you have will sound great, but some of your music may sound harsh on those hi-fi headphones. And movies and gaming may not like the hi-fi sound.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They'll be brilliant for gaming as well as music and videos. As Dale says they are a really good headphone with cracking bass.

TRENDING THREADS