AE Compact 1 BARGAIN!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:
great spot.

Difficult to miss when the manufacturer is mentioning it on Twitter...

See, that's the problem I have with not being in the Twitterati...

It does have it's uses and you can giggle like a girlie when they reply to you and you feel all special as if you've just spoken to someone famous or something.

I'm told...

John Duncan

The_Lhc said:
scene said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:
great spot.

Difficult to miss when the manufacturer is mentioning it on Twitter...

See, that's the problem I have with not being in the Twitterati...

It does have it's uses and you can giggle like a girlie when they reply to you and you feel all special as if you've just spoken to someone famous or something.

I'm told...

#unfollow...

John Duncan

bigboss said:
How's your Mumbai trip going John?

Badly. Have spent last 24 hours in my hotel room #bitsick

Luckiy, the view is quite good:

IMG_1721.jpg

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bring this topic back into relevance and sorry to hear about your Mumbai illness and the rest of your in house banter.

However - how much were these speakers originally ? And would they make a decent rear surround set up bearing in mind I have PMC GB1's and PMC DB1c as fronts ? Would they intergrate well ? Need to replace my broken Mission 752 Freedom rears running through a Sony DA5400es av amp ?

Any advice ?

Or any advice on a cheap alternative that would intergrate well with my PMC's ?

John Duncan

psurquhart said:
However - how much were these speakers originally ?

150 quid

psurquhart said:
And would they make a decent rear surround set up bearing in mind I have PMC GB1's and PMC DB1c as fronts ? Would they integrate well ? Need to replace my broken Mission 752 Freedom rears running through a Sony DA5400es av amp ?

For 100 quid, you're not going to find much better, at a guess. I'd suggest Diamond 9.1s but cheapest they're going for is 120, and they're a bit chunkier which may be an issue for you. You might lose a *bit* of scale compared to the Missions, but not a huge amount, bearing in mind it's for the rears.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
psurquhart said:
However - how much were these speakers originally ?

150 quid

psurquhart said:
And would they make a decent rear surround set up bearing in mind I have PMC GB1's and PMC DB1c as fronts ? Would they integrate well ? Need to replace my broken Mission 752 Freedom rears running through a Sony DA5400es av amp ?

For 100 quid, you're not going to find much better, at a guess. I'd suggest Diamond 9.1s but cheapest they're going for is 120, and they're a bit chunkier which may be an issue for you. You might lose a *bit* of scale compared to the Missions, but not a huge amount, bearing in mind it's for the rears.

Thanks John.

One final question - I would be wall mounting the rears and I am liking the look of the AE1's - I also noticed that they come complete with wall brackets so it's pretty much the complete package. However, do you know if the Diamond 9.1s would also come complete with brackets ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts