AE Compact 1 BARGAIN!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

No. And they're awkwardly shaped to fit on 'tray'-style brackets, so the AEs may suit better. You might try some 9.0s, which are square and available for 40 quid, but again I'd be worried about loss of scale. What you really need is some DB1s, of course...:)

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
John Duncan said:
No. And they're awkwardly shaped to fit on 'tray'-style brackets, so the AEs may suit better. You might try some 9.0s, which are square and available for 40 quid, but again I'd be worried about loss of scale. What you really need is some DB1s, of course...:)

Yeah, i know - I keep scouring ebay for some but cant quite stretch to them yet. I put cheeky low bids in and then go so far but they sell above my budget at mo. Trying to pay off that damn credit card rather than add to the worlds global debt ........ but it is very tempting.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I bought a pair of the AE1s yesterday - been looking for something similar for quite a while and the great price was the clincher that finally made me decide

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
Well, finally got my act together and ordered a pair :type:

Just noticed that according to the AV Bristol website this offer ends in 23hours....

Really? ******, not sure I can go for this, the oven and dishwasher have failed in the last week...

Mind you it also says it's a 7 day offer and it's been at that price for 15 days...

scene

The_Lhc said:
scene said:

Just noticed that according to the AV Bristol website this offer ends in 23hours....

Really? ******, not sure I can go for this, the oven and dishwasher have failed in the last week...

Mind you it also says it's a 7 day offer and it's been at that price for 15 days...

I did wonder about that myself, maybe the "7 day offer" will keep being re-started, while stocks last...

scene

Ravey Gravey Davy said:
scene said:

Is that for the downstairs loo?

:grin: No - this is for my lone A85 that's going in the now extended study. I was just following your suggestion from my original thread on the topic of "Small Bookshelf speakers for bookshelf..."

Now I have even more money for the party... :dance:

scene

I know the feeling, last year feels like another country...

:oops: No photos - I know, hopeless! Still a lot chaotic here, it's been a bit of an odd six months. For various reasons, the work's a bit behind schedule - chose a small building firm and one of the main guys had a bit of a health scare and needed an op, delayed things. And had a major health scare with Mrs. Scene, operation in October, long recovery time, and then serious delayed post-op infection just after Xmas, another week and a half in hospital and still recovering. I'm a bit frazzled and uploading pics hasn't been at the top of my list. Sorry, don't mean to go on, just been a long tiring six months.

Here's to a better 2012. More music and more photos :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
scene said:
The_Lhc said:
scene said:

I did wonder about that myself, maybe the "7 day offer" will keep being re-started, while stocks last...

Oh look, offer now ends in 4 days 23 hours! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts