Advise a new system for TT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It looks like it's in very good condition, but even so perhaps a little overpriced (hence the lack of bids). The 316 design makes it easier to adjust for levelling (from the top, rather than having to take the base off and do it underneath while at the same time keeping the TT secure), however I've heard the arms are far harder to swap if you wanted to upgrade later than on the 'classic' models. That said, I'm willing to bet it will sound far better for the price than the equivilent new basic Pro-ject or RP1. You may need to budget for a new stylus though, so bear that in mind (I would also get a new belt and oil for the bearing, but both of those are cheap things to do).

A better looking deal for you may be this TD-147 with the 'classic' spring system - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Thorens-TD-147-/160875236615?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Vintage_Separates&hash=item2574e94d07 - which is (currently) still half the price of the 316. The original Thorens arms are similar quality on both models.

TRENDING THREADS