ADVICE SOUGHT - DVD RECORDER

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi.. Grateful for some advice. I would like to update my 1st generation DVD player to a new DVD recorder with upscaling.

I have spotted the Samsung DVD-R155 at £110 which seems like a good buy.

Any thoughts on this machine, anyone? Or maybe someone could suggest an alternative in this price range?

Thanks in advance for any help given

Rob

A

Anonymous

Hey Rob.

I would recommend going for a Hard Driver recorder. These are in two types - ones with a built-in Freeview (in which case you want one that has the new Sky+ style functionality) and one that have a disc recorder as well.
I wouldn't recommend usind a DVD only recorder as it's a pain to keep buying the discs and formatting them to play elsewhere.
It all depends on what you want to do with your recordings. If you will primarily watch them in situ with the same TV and off the same bit of kit then a Hard disc only will suit you perfectly.

A

Anonymous

Hi Casca...

Thanks for reply. I had thought along the lines of a HD recorder but it must have the ability to 'download' onto DVD as we currently Videotape programs for my mother (no way in the world could she learn how to use a HD recorder - press play is her limit :) Cash is a bit tight at the moment and having just bought a Samsung LE40 TV I would like another Samsung with the Anynet feature so was looking at the DVD-R range.

I have Virgin (NTL as was) Cable so freeview is not really required, however I am interested by the Sky+ functionality yu mention so wouldn't rule it out. I have never heard of that outside of the actual SKY box itself... Can yu recommend any machines I should specifically consider pls?

Rob

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts