Advice please on connecting a freeview PVR to Pioneer VSX-LX70 and Panasonic 46PZ85

nigpd

Nov 18, 2006
Visit site
I have the B&W MT-30 surround speaker system (all hail the PV1 subwoofer!!! )with a Pioneer VSX-LX70 receiver connected to my Panasonic 46PX85 TV via HDMI. I also have a Digihome PVR80 Freeview set top box connected to the TV via scart, so currently audio from the set top box only comes out of the TV speakers.

I would like to have the option of playing freeview TV through the Pioneer receiver for audio through the MT-30 speakers for films, music progs etc (the Pioneer doesnt have scart), but still retain the option to have audio through the TV speakers for 'normal' TV programs. There is an optical digital audio output (Optical SPDIF) on the set top box, but alas no HDMI.
If I get a glass core optical cable to connect the set top box to the Pioneer's optical audio inputs, I presume I still need to connect the set top box to the TV via scart for the picture. When wanting to use the surround speakers with the set top box, how do I set up the system to receive an audio source from the receiver (currently assigned as HDMI1on the TV) along with the picture source from the scart (currently assigned as AV1 on the TV)?
Thanks in advance for your help

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you hook the PVR to the amp via the optical cable, somewhere in the amp's settings, you should be able to assign an input to that optical port e.g. you might assign the TV input on the Pioneer to the optical input. Then, when you want sound through the amp, set the amp to the TV input and your TV to the AV1 input. Turn down the volume on the TV and everything should be there.

nigpd

Nov 18, 2006
Visit site
thanks Prof
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts