Advice on amp and speaker choice :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Basically, I have most of my music on my PC in FLAC format and an Asus Xonar D2 soundcard. I want to amp it and use it with some bookshelf speakers (to be purchased with the amp) and my Sony MDR XB-700 headphones.

At the moment I am looking at:

Amp: Cambridge Audio 540A-V2

Speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

Is this a good setup? Anything else for this sort of money that would be better for speakers and headphones? If it makes a difference, i'm mainly and electro music type guy!

idc

Hi alex. Are the cans the ones on Amazon listed here and described as 'Extra Giant Bass'? If that is right and you are into electro music as you put it, you want bass in spades, or do you?

A

Anonymous

Yeah, but ignore the bad marketing English there, they are actually good headphones. Went from the HD555's to these and love them!

As for the speakers, I am not looking for copious amounts of bass, but obviously a nice smattering is good! I would quite like a nice balanced sound, leaning towards quality rather than quantity.

Any advice and thanks for the reply :)

A

Anonymous

cheap as chips ...

Mordaunt short Pageant 2 ... ebay item 280417655155 ... £35 on a buy it now

or these Mordaunt short MS35Ti ... ebay item 270479145147 for £49.99 buy it now

A

Anonymous

Hi, cheers for the tip off, but the amp + speaker combo will be a present for my birthday, i'm just in charge of scouting out what I want! So, new products if possible :)

A

Anonymous

Wee bump here!

Basically, i'm definitely getting the Cambridge Audio Azur 540A (unless someone really changes my mind), but the Wharfedale 10.1's I was going to get £199) are a little expensive. I need to factor in cables as well and by buying those speakers, I would be pushing £360.

Are there any good speakers with deep bass for under £199?

T

the record spot

Go for the last incarantion of the Wharfedale Diamond's then - £99 in Richer Sounds for the 9.1s and they were very capable apparently.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm... you speak wise words my good sir...

I have some Logitech Z-2300's at the moment, the 9.1's will blow them away right?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts