advice needed on buying a/v receiver!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello.

well i am looking to get my first av receiver. i want to get a 3d ready one for the future. the amp's i am looking at are the following

ONKYO TXSR608

PINOEER VSX920

DENON AVR1911

i noticed that the onkyo got a 5 star in the what hi fi this month. but i havent seen the other two reviewed. so i would like to know what you all would recomend. i have a bugdet of around 500 on an amp.

thanks.

A

Anonymous

Go for Denon......I bought a Denon 1910 last year.....no regrets at all.....whether its movies or some soft rock.....a gr8 buy

A

Anonymous

I ran a DENON 1910 for 9 months, before swapping out to the Onkyo 608, IMO the onkyo is better for movies and Gameing, The DENON has a more solid build to it and granted is better looking, but in the dark with a movie blasting out the onkyo has it. plus its better spec and future proof and a dam sight easier to set up, What are those DENON menus about????

I run it with a 6.1 Kef 2005 with a 3005 Centre.

However its all personnal taste, so listen to all your candiates with simialar speakers

Happy hunting

A

Anonymous

well i am planing on getting the KEF 1005.2 unless you alot can advise me on that as well i have about 500 or so to spend on speakers as well. i was considering on getting the Q Acoustics 1010i. but i like the look of the kef's better. but i want to go with the best i can afford. i have been tolf the kef's are better tho.

A

Anonymous

i used to run the 1005 but was a little underwhelmed, so it didnt take long to up these to the 2005 then upped the centre to 3005,

Had i had my time again i would have gone for the QA or at least the 2005 from the beginning, which are prob the closer to the performance to the QA and i prob wouldnt have upgraded so quick,

also depends on the size of room and your style preference. but for the size and cost the QA sound better than the 1005 any day.

Others to think about are the MS alumini, Jamo, could get deals on these.

If you buy both togther, amp and speakers you have better bargining power a lot of shops will do you a package and would prob thro in cables to.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the advise I went and got myself the Onkyo 608 and the kef 1005.2 with 2x stands and the cables all for a grand. I had them set up the speakers and amp and watch some of avatar and then listened to some led zeppelin and watch a led zeppelin live track (stairway to heaven). I reckon it sounded amazing really good. also herd the QA but didn't think they sounded any better and the QA take up allot of space so I decided to go with the kef's as they look better than the rest and sounded great as well also take up less space. Was thinking of getting a Denon 1911 but after hearing the Onkyo and reading the 5 star review for it I decided to go for the 608.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
VTurk:well i am planing on getting the KEF 1005.2 unless you alot can advise me on that as well i have about 500 or so to spend on speakers as well. i was considering on getting the Q Acoustics 1010i. but i like the look of the kef's better. but i want to go with the best i can afford. i have been tolf the kef's are better tho.

I'd get the Onkyo. The KEF's just seem to come alive for movies on the end of an Onkyo.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Damn! I only read to your second post!

Well, at least you made the right decision
emotion-2.gif

Enjoy!!

A

Anonymous

thanks well i whent to sevenoaks sound & vision ordered it on saturday but aparently kef had a mix up with there orderd so i still havent got my stuff not till another day or 2. the wait is just painfull.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts