Advice for a home theatre

smudge

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello im new to these forams,

im wanting to get a home cinema in one of my rooms, ill post the room spec below,im looking for a projector,av receiver, and a 5.1 set up, this is what ive got so far

1) projecter - Benq 1070+ with the wireless hd kit = £668

2)av recevier - sony strdn 1050 on offer atm £299

3)Dali zensor 5 - 5.1 speakers £1430

im wanting a 120 ich screen from 10ft

the room spec is L= 10ft x W= 12ft x H= 9ft

smudge

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
hay bigboss, thks for the reply, the room is naturally darkish so i wont need to worry about light, i did post links next to the items but they come up as post spam so i had to delete them, the screen i was looking at was from e-bay- 120" Electric Motorised HD Projector Screen 16:9 Native Screen With Remote 226cm x 150cm, (if you copy paste it it should show up in e-bay)

i read good reveiws about the benq 1070+ i think im set on this, i did go into my superfi store and they had neaver heard of them, and told me it was was business use only really, which i thought was strange, and told me to go for the sony 1060 instead, and an projetor that i didnt really have much info on, so i thought id hit the forams to see what people think, as for the screen id thought around £100 i would like a black case screen to fit in with the room so it dont stick out to much

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'd demo that size screen from that distance. Initially I wanted a 110-120" screen. I ended up putting the HT in a different room and ended up with a 92" inch electric screen which is easily big enough from around 10 ft (for me).

If you want an electric screen look out for one with a 12v trigger, and the corresponding socket on pj or amp. This means when you power the amp/pj on and off, the screen lowers and raises automatically.

Not sure why Superfi never heard of BenQ 1070+ projector. It's a projector for home cinema use. Good value for money, although average blacks and a little noisy. There's no projector called Sony 1060. Are you sure of the model? I'm assuming you have a speaker system for sound.

Quality of the projector screen is as important as the projector itself, so don't skimp on that.

smudge

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
the sony 1060 is refering to the av reciever, i said to the guys i liked the sony 1050, but tryed to sell me the 1060 and £70 worth of bananna plugs,i did ask them for a demo before i buy, its alot of money for me,but they where reluctant on doing that,so i might just use richer sounds as they do all what super-fi do, they didnt really listern to my needs, i might settle for a 100 ich then i think i could settle with that, so am i good to go then with the gear i have listed,

kikiso

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
As you are shopping at Richer you may want to also demo the Sapphire screen. They are not available in 100 inches it seems, but they have 92 and 106 inch available. I have the smaller 77 inch motorised screen which was an upgrade from my previous Optoma screen, I find the quality is very good in a room that always has some light in it, it's not a den. Much better than the Optoma in my experience. I never looked at really expensive screens like the Draper.

hybridauth_facebook_670373973

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I have that speaker set and it is amazing - I have it paired with Yamaha 775 receiver and everyone remarks about the cinema quality sound.

Initially I wanted a 120" screen as I sit about 15 feet away - professional installer recommended a 100" instead and I am so glad I heeded the advice.

The projector you mentioned has great reviews but I would highly recommend buying the best screen you can afford. Do you need to have a drop down screen or could you go with a fixed screen? I have a fixed screen and have to say it gives a great pic - I used to have a drop down screen which developed ripples - it was okay for movies but a nightmare for watching sports.

Best of luck with setting up your home theatre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts