Adjusting tracking weight on Bush MTT1?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hiya. Does anyone know how, or if indeed it is possible to manually adjust the tracking weight on the Bush MTT1 turntable? There's nothing in the instructions about it and there doen't appear to be any obvious way to do it...

I've got a new record that skips (a replacement for one that also skipped in exactly the same place, FWIW), one which the guy selling it says plays fine on his turntable. I thought that it might be an issue with the tracking weight so I balanced a penny on the head of the tone arm and this enabled me to play the record through with just a small click in the place where there would ordinarily be a skip - though I understand that this is a really good way to screw up your records if you do it regularly... :?

I'd appreciate your suggestions guys, cheers.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi PhilD,

I used to own one of these turntables very briefly a few years ago and from what I remember these are pretty much a basic entry level turntable. As far as I am aware there is no way to actually change the tracking weight Im afraid.

Amyl Right Mate

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
No you can't.

When I had one about 15 years ago I had a 5p piece permanently attached with Blu-tac.

I have records that always skipped in the same place when played on the MTT1 - Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty for one - that have always played though perfectly on other TTs.

A

Anonymous

Amyl Right Mate said:
No you can't.

When I had one about 15 years ago I had a 5p piece permanently attached with Blu-tac.

I have records that always skipped in the same place when played on the MTT1 - Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty for one - that have always played though perfectly on other TTs.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I don't mind attaching a coin if it works and doesn't cause any problems - but isn't it true that doing this damages your vinyl? Or have I been told wrong on this (I'm a bit of a n00b)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts