additional amp

richardnorth

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi to all , I need some advice on an additional amp for my system.I am happy with the home cinema part but music seems to be a bit over processed.I am thinking of using a second stereo amp to run the front speakers only to give me a more natural sound when playing music. My system as is , Pioneer VSX S510 av reciever, Morduant Short Avant 904i fronts, Monitor Audio MR Center, 2x Maudaunt Short Avant 309i subs, Teac LS- h 265 surround sound rears.

Can any one suggest a suitable amp? Budget £300 ish. Rick

richardnorth

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
The idea is to use the pre outs on the av reciever into the imput on the new amp, disconect the front speakers from the av amp and connect to the new amp. When listening to music in direct / pure / stereo the signal will only go to the new amp to the fronts and subs will be driven from the av rec, I think!

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
richardnorth said:
The idea is to use the pre outs on the av reciever into the imput on the new amp, disconect the front speakers from the av amp and connect to the new amp. When listening to music in direct / pure / stereo the signal will only go to the new amp to the fronts and subs will be driven from the av rec, I think!

I don't think that will give you any benefit.

Your source for music needs to go into the new amp, are you using the avr for streaming or do you have a seperate scource (CD etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts