active vs passive speakers in ht setup!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello everyone im a newbie doing his first research in audio..i am considering buying a onkyo tx-nr5007/denon 4810 and pairing it with good floorstands in the range of 2000-2500$..is it possible to get better sound quality for the money spent if i go for a similarly priced pre amp and connect it to a good active speakers in a 5.1 setup..which would yeild me the best sq and et all...i mainly listen to metal music and gaming and ocassional movie watching..thanks in advance

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
You'd need a lot of mains outlets for an active 5.1 setup. Otherwise you'll have mains/extension cords all over the place!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
You only need a 2.1 system for music.

For gaming and the occasional film just use the 2.1 and/or add a sub for some low frequency's.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
shooter69:You only need a 2.1 system for music.

For gaming and the occasional film just use the 2.1 and/or add a sub for some low frequency's.

2.1 includes a sub, that's the .1.

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
If you do decide to go 2.1, then here's a very interesting system that falls within your budget for floorstanders alone. Hook up your DVD/Bluray player and games console to the digital inputs and your sorted. There's also an all-active option that falls well within your system budget. They ship worldwide too.

If you want to spend the Big Bucks, as originally planned, then also check out the Klein + Hummel
O 300 with O 800 Sub. Or even the O 410. You would need a DAC and Preamp (or single DAC/Preamp unit like this) to integrate it into your system.

If you definitely want a 5.1 active system then there's the Acoustic Energy Active Pro 5.1. There's a review of this system in the current (August 2010) WHF magazine.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:shooter69:You only need a 2.1 system for music.

2.1 includes a sub, that's the .1.

Well spotted lhc. As usual on the ball!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts