Active speakers with 4 .4mm balanced input

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
I'm looking for some active speakers that have a 4.4mm balanced input. I have an ifi Stream/Zen DAC Signature/Zen CAN HFM combo and would like to add some active speakers.
Are there any acttive speakers with a balanced input? Budget up to £600.
Are you specifically looking for 'active' speakers or just a pair of speakers that have an amplifier built in, i.e 'powered' speakers?

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Adam monitors specify a wide sweet spot as part of their design.
Also, as he's using them off his ifi stack there's a good chance that near-field will suit him fine....🤔.

And the monitor sound - don't know about you, but the flatter the better for me.
Ruler flat monitors often sound fatiguing after extended listening and are often, to paraphrase and often used term in WHF reviews, 'lacking excitement'.
This is why a company like for example PMC manufactures two separate lines of speakers... one for home audio and one for serious studio monitoring.

Gray

Ruler flat monitors often sound fatiguing after extended listening and are often, to paraphrase and often used term in WHF reviews, 'lacking excitement'.
This is why a company like for example PMC manufactures two separate lines of speakers... one for home audio and one for serious studio monitoring.
I own PMC speakers.....for a reason - flattest and most exciting speakers I've owned (and I've had a few) 👍

I've read people saying that you soon get fatigued by the Cyrus sound too.
I've only lived with that for 24 years so far...so I'll let you know 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts