Active speakers suggestions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
Is there a problem when german products are mentioned..? I may be wrong, but its becoming too much of a coincedence.
I'm sorry, but what?!
My statement was not really mainly directed at whathifi, but also some forum members. When a product not reviewed in the uk or these shores, seems no one wants to say much about them. I thought it was all about music but it seems not the case. So many a time I have posted about not very popular products here in the UK which are very popular in other countries & met with very negetive responses.

Its just something I have observed. But like I mentioned I may have got it all wrong.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Native_bon said:
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
Is there a problem when german products are mentioned..? I may be wrong, but its becoming too much of a coincedence.
I'm sorry, but what?!
My statement was not really mainly directed at whathifi, but also some forum members. When a product not reviewed in the uk or these shores, seems no one wants to say much about them. I thought it was all about music but it seems not the case. So many a time I have posted about not very popular products here in the UK which are very popular in other countries & met with very negetive responses.

Its just something I have observed. But like I mentioned I may have got it all wrong.

Not suprising that most of us have nothing to say if they aren't on sale here (or only represented by one or two dealers) and therefore we never get a chance to hear them.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
chebby said:
Native_bon said:
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
I'm sorry, but what?!

Not suprising that most of us have nothing to say if they aren't on sale here (or only represented by one or two dealers) and therefore never get a chance to hear them.
yes that is understandable. Not commenting is different from giving negetive feed back about unpopular products when there have not been heard. This may be resulting more to the problem.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Gok said:
I agree. Many products aside from UK and USA are not even reviewed here.

Great products from companies with impeccable reputation and many decades of existence are not even tested here, and probably mentioned only by forum members which live outside of the UK (companies like Nubert, Genelec, Teufel and many others).

Why test products that are not available in UK market, this is a UK magazine. They tend to test products that are sent to them them by manufacturers which I can understand but dont entitely agree with for several reasons.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Native_bon said:
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
I'm sorry, but what?!

But how can you comment on products you don't know anything about?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
BigH said:
Native_bon said:
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
I'm sorry, but what?!

I have in the past & have been comdened. You just answered the question... How can you condem what you have not heard. Which seems to be the case with unknow products. Not wanting to comment on a unfamilar product is fair, but condeming it is not.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Native_bon said:
BigH said:
Native_bon said:
John Duncan said:
Native_bon said:
I'm sorry, but what?!

I have in the past & have been comdened. You just answered the question... How can you condem what you have not heard. Which seems to be the case with unknow products. Not wanting to comment on a unfamilar product is fair, but condeming it is not.

Yes I agree but too many people on here do it. Anyway this forum seems almost dead since the new format.

Gok

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Guys, it's time to close this thread before it becomes nasty.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!!

My current favorites are Nubert NuPro A-200 and Dali Kubik Free + Xtra.

Thanks once again!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts