Acoustimass 7 without center?

Konduktans

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The Bose Acoustimass 7 Redline comes with three speakers (that appear to be identical). Center, right and left channel.

Can I use it without the center speaker, or will the filter in the acoustimass make the right and left channel not play voice?

Cheers

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Depends on how the bose processor works so yes it's probably best no to do that.

Plus your wasting money buying something you don't want to use.

Why not buy a stereo product instead

Konduktans

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Depends on two things.

Cost and size.

I need speakers that are cheap and still nice sounding. The acoustimass misses its center speaker, but is just $100.

The other thing is size. Because of the room layout I need something extremely small besides the TV. The alternative would be a soundbar, but getting a soundbar with similar sound quality means doubling my spendings.

Besides, I have the Bose Lifestyle V20 in my living room and love it. I want the same thing in the office.

Spoke to Bose, they said it would work just fine.

I will report back :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
As I said it depends on the processing - I assumed it was deisnged for 3 channel listening i.e. vocal from the centre speaker - then if the processing didnt phantom the center it wouldnt sound right.

I dare say there are other small options I dont know.

But if you like Bose stick with it, I am listening to a Bose wave radio in my office now. It does the job

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts