Acoustic Reality - eAR 1001-REF mono-block

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, Anyone ever heard of Acoustic Reality? Anyone ever listened to their eAR 1001-REF mono-blocks? I'm currently looking at buying a pair of Cyrus mono X power amps but it's the £2400 price that's worrying me a little. The eAR 1001-REF's are apparantly on a par with the mono X's if not better but the price is a more sobering £1100 per pair. Any opinions much appreciated. Ian

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew, Perhaps something for you to review in the future? You can find more info here: www.acoustic-reality.com

User feedback and some world HiFi press reviews seem quite positive.

Ian

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
eAR has a very good name when it's come to power amps (a few mags using them in their reference system) I never heard them myself and looking forward to hear them very soon. This price point you have many out there to listen to.....don't forget Densen and MF as they really know how to make the most of watts/pounds. What is the preamp?

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman, for the meantime the pre amp would be my Cyrus 8VS. I know this isn't ideal but will have to do until more funds become available.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

It is actually based on the IcePower 1000ASP standard module from B&O

http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com/sw2013.asp.

It is exactly the same module that can be found in the Bel Canto evo1000 or in the Jeff Rowland 501 monobloc. It has very good reputation. There are very limited variations between these implementation as the basic module contains almost everything.

Michel

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
So it's not a tubes power amp then? eAR's past classic has always been the known for sweet sounding amp that also have plenty of attack.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]So it's not a tubes power amp then? eAR's past classic has always been the known for sweet sounding amp that also have plenty of attack.[/quote]

No tube... it is a digital amp, have a look on the Acoustic Reality web site:
http://www.arhifi.com/shop/

Michel

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]eAR has a very good name when it's come to power amps (a few mags using them in their reference system) [/quote]

Totally different company, I think. Fairly sure you're confusing this outfit with Esoteric Audio Research/Yoshino - see site here - which has a strong reputation in amp design and manufacture. AFAICS, there's no connection with the company under discussion here.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Thaiman"]eAR has a very good name when it's come to power amps (a few mags using them in their reference system) [/quote]

Totally different company, I think. Fairly sure you're confusing this outfit with Esoteric Audio Research/Yoshino - see site here - which has a strong reputation in amp design and manufacture. AFAICS, there's no connection with the company under discussion here.

[/quote]

DOH! Thanks for that Andrew...in that case, I never heard them!

A

Anonymous

Exact, in this case the company is not EAR but it is Acoustic Reality (from Denmark), eAR is the model of the amp.

There is very limited info on this amp but the reviews of the Bel Canto evo 1000 monobloc should be a good reference as they share exactly the same base (module supplied by B&O).

Some more info there : http://www.acoustic-reality.com/

Michel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts