Acoustic Energy Aego M series vs. ordinary hi-fi set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm moving into a small room in halls next year for university. I will have my apple laptop and am looking at possibilities of what to run, sound wise.

I've heard the Acoutstic Energy Aergo M series is very good, but how does it compare sound quality wise to a setup such as a cambridge audio A1 or A5 (also is the A5 worth the price hike?) through Eltax Monitor III speakers?

I've also heard that generally the Bose hifi products arn't very good, does this apply to the companion 3 computer speakers aswell? I'm guessing they're not worth the extra 90 odd quid over the Aego?

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to sound equiptment to be honest so any help would be gratefully recieved! Any suggestions of other things to try under the £200 mark would be great too.

Thanks, Will

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I have the Aego M in my kitchen. I think it's really rather good for what it is/costs. I find it good for casual listening, it can play loud and it is very convenient in terms of size. But it is not hifi. I think you can pick it up for around £70, so it won't matter if it gets nicked/abused/etc. And for what you want it for, I would recommend it. You almost can't go wrong.
There are other options listed in the mag (in terms of active speakers for use with a PC). Incidently, the Aego M lost its 5 star rating recently. I think it went down to 3 or 4.
If you are a more discerning listener go for separates, have the extra space etc then go for separates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts