Abrahamsen Amplifiers

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Coll said:
Esra said:
According to the datasheet the fuse is a type 250V T5AL.

I am using just "normal" power leads,should be around 10A spec. i guess.

Do your mains power leads have an earth wire and if so are they connected to the chassis of the amp.

In the data sheets they dont seem to show an earth lead in the mains lead connected to the chassis.

Esra where are you and dont forget to mention Abrhamsen in your reply

SteveR750

Coll said:
Coll said:
Esra said:
According to the datasheet the fuse is a type 250V T5AL.

I am using just "normal" power leads,should be around 10A spec. i guess.

Do your mains power leads have an earth wire and if so are they connected to the chassis of the amp.

In the data sheets they dont seem to show an earth lead in the mains lead connected to the chassis.

Esra where are you and dont forget to mention Abrhamsen in your reply

It's pretty straightforward to start a new thread!! Someone searching for info on the Abrahamsen won't want to read through a couple of pages of off topic posts!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Best to open a new thread and ask the mods to move the Hypex Ncore posts to it. If they are tucked in the Abrahamsen thread, people will have problem finding it and participating further. It can grow to a fairly large and interestingt read.

I just checked out this 2014 review that includes prices for the build: Hypex DLCP processor and NC400 amp modules

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a preamp to match with the modules, looked DLCP to and came upon that review, you need 2 boards one 175 the other i think 100 ish, and the guy says they are not that good as a preamp. Shame I think Hypex need to produce a preamp module. The hunt continues. Hopefully next week I shall have the 2 UcD180 up and running as a power amp and we will see what they sound like.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Best to open a new thread and ask the mods to move the Hypex Ncore posts to it. If they are tucked in the Abrahamsen thread, people will have problem finding it and participating further. It can grow to a fairly large and interestingt read.

Maybe the mods can cut/paste the posts into Esra's Ncore-thread. No need to start a new one...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts