A Shibata bargain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I’ve not tried a microline yet, but had there been one on offer instead of the Shibata, I would probably have picked one up. I will keep a look out for one in the future, but I’m in no hurry to change out the Shibata, it sounds great to me, clearly better than a bonded elliptical. Not sure how much the Clearaudio cartridge generator and wood body make any difference? Come to think of it, I took the generator from a Linn K9, so it’s a real mix of parts 😊 it’s only the wood body that is Clearaudio.

Well, I’m about 20 hours in to the shibata stylus now, it is sounding absolutely amazing. Zero background noise, crystal clear highs and tight firm bass and just sings along with the music. a fantastic upgrade on the elliptical stylus that was in there before. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a worn out stylus or looking to improve sound quality on the Audio Technica or Clearaudio bodies. Really quite remarkable the difference that tiny diamond can make. It has encouraged me to play more vinyl for sure.

Well, I’m about 20 hours in to the shibata stylus now, it is sounding absolutely amazing. Zero background noise, crystal clear highs and tight firm bass and just sings along with the music. a fantastic upgrade on the elliptical stylus that was in there before. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a worn out stylus or looking to improve sound quality on the Audio Technica or Clearaudio bodies. Really quite remarkable the difference that tiny diamond can make. It has encouraged me to play more vinyl for sure.
Excellent news.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts