A quality speaker suitable to Cambridge CXA81

Jon T

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
I have done some reading. Aged audiophile. Spendor BC1 Link Sondek etc. (context) Have a dedicated listening room 3m x 4m Would prefer floor standers if possible Wharfedale Evo 4.4 sound a match but are they too big for this room? Tastes Classical and Jazz. Love human voice and warmer mid range.

Reactions: Cookie

Jon T

Apr 26, 2021
Visit site
I would have thought the Evo 4.3 would be more suited to a room of that size, however audition is everything......
Thank you for the advice. My dealer has said I can have speakers on loan. I was afraid they might be too big not physically but sonically I assume.

rainsoothe

Thank you for the advice. My dealer has said I can have speakers on loan. I was afraid they might be too big not physically but sonically I assume.
Well, both, probably. The standmounts or Wharfedale Denton might be more appropriate (maybe even the Lintons), but do home auditioning, the room is as important as any component.

Well, both, probably. The standmounts or Wharfedale Denton might be more appropriate (maybe even the Lintons), but do home auditioning, the room is as important as any component.
The room is the key component, which not many seem to acknowledge. Without expensive room treatment it is a quest to find what is going to work well within it and not, as many ask, will speakers A work with amplifier B.......
Most changes in my system came about through house changes and room changes. Even though I have always had excellent speakers they are not going to work well in every environment.

Arsenio Erico

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
The room is the key component, which not many seem to acknowledge. Without expensive room treatment it is a quest to find what is going to work well within it and not, as many ask, will speakers A work with amplifier B.......
Most changes in my system came about through house changes and room changes. Even though I have always had excellent speakers they are not going to work well in every environment.
I am in a similar position because I'm looking for speakers to suit my CXA61. First, I was interested in the Monitor Audio Silver 300 and sent MA an email asking what they thought of that combination. They replied very kindly that my amp couldn't drive them well and said that the Silver 200 may be more suitable for the CXA81. So, there goes my one suggestion for you to consider. I'm not saying they are good or bad because I have never auditioned them. It's just a piece of information I got and thought it might be useful for you.
I can't audition where I live so I have to accept that whatever I buy, there will be a risk involved. What Al said in the previous post is something that made me think that there is a learning process in the hifi world for us to go through, some decisions will work out just fine and some others may cost us a lot of money with no positive results. At least that is my case.
I hope you find something you like and enjoy! Keep us posted!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts