A Little advice NAD C352

Colactix

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi There :wave:
I have just picked up a NAD C352 for a 100 squidies as an upgrade for my Cambridge audio A1. The rest of my system consists of a Project Debut Carbon turntable with a Ortfon 2M Red cartridge, NAD PP2 Pre-AMP and Mission 771 Speakers.

The improvement in sound quality is impressively significant but for some reason the vocals seem a little muddy and lacking depth and the same goes for the soundstage. For the NAD C352 I have heard you can make a massive improvement by switching out the links that couple the power and pre parts of the amp together. If this is true would I just use a regular interconnect cable. Or is another part of my system letting it down?

As you can see I am a newbie and have just entered the fantastic world of hi-fi. So any advice would be brilliant - Thanks :)

Yup the 352 is a good amp with plenty of power. IMO the Nad is a warm device that needs components that adds transparency to make the soundstage more airy. I'm not familiar, though, with the separate pre/power sections. Think this may be a perfect case of experimenting with different cables, speakers and sources etc. so try and find a friendly dealer.

Have heard it with MA Silver range and Focals and it sounded pretty good.

Colactix

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I would love to experiment with audio equipment to see which sounds the best to me. But living in North Yorkshire makes it impossible becase as far as i know there is no dedicated HI-FI store within 50 miles of me, which can make things troublesome at times as I mostly rely on eBay.

The two different parts of the amp are connected through an RCA Link in a sort of staple shape linking the main in and pre-out sockets. I read if you upgrade this as it's cheap, it can greatly open the soundstage, so I was wondering if i would use a regular interconnect cable?

Colactix

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I would love to experiment with audio equipment to see which sounds the best to me. But living in North Yorkshire makes it impossible becase as far as i know there is no dedicated HI-FI store within 50 miles of me, which can make things troublesome at times as I mostly rely on eBay.

The two different parts of the amp are connected through an RCA Link in a sort of staple shape linking the main in and pre-out sockets. I read if you upgrade this as it's cheap, it can greatly open the soundstage, so I was wondering if i would use a regular interconnect cable?

Colactix said:

The only amp I know you can upgrade the pre/power section is the Myryad. Should be able to connect standard RCA interconnects without any issues.

So you don't have a Richer Sounds in the NE?

Colactix said:
The nearest Richer Sounds is in Preston which is a good hour away (not too bad if i owned a car)

Okay -- give them a call and ask the question because, as I said earlier, I don't know what difference, if any, linking the pre/power section in that fashion will make.

Sorry can't be anymore help. In the years I've been on here I've never read anything about the Nad in that way. I've heard it at dealers a couple of times but it was already set-up....

By the lack of responses from other learned members looks like a niche question.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts