863 / Sky HD / PS3 / TV connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi could do with some help with my connections please:

PS3 connected to 863 via HDMI - OK happy with that. Scene 1 assigned to listening to DVD movies; Scene 2 assigned to istening to DVD music; Scene 4 assigned to playing PS3.

SKY HD connected to 863 via HDMI & Optical (DTV port) - seems OK & Dolby Digital lights up on panel, so must be correct. Scene 3 assigned to listening to Sky.

TV connected from 863 via HDMI and i also had it connected optically so that in the event of Sky going down (or not turning the box on) i could still get sound through the amp. However, problem is the TV optical also went into the DTV port, but now i have Sky - transfering it the DVD or MD port doesnt work - are there any options - is it a case of re-assigning the inputs in the 863? I have tried this and cant get it to work, so any explanation would be great!

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi Nads,

Sorry for confusion.

OK i have thought this through a bit more logically now.

863 has 3 optical inputs: MD/CD-R; DVD & DTV. And 3 HDMI inputs: DVD; DTV & DVR.

PS3 connected to HDMI DVD only with Scenes 1, 2 & 4 set on the amp. Sky connected to HDMI DTV & Opt DTV with Scene 3 set.

If i plug the TV optical into any other optical port i cant get the sound to work from the TV source and i dont seem to be able to assign the inputs on the 863 to another TV Viewing (i.e. terrestial TV) as it is taken up by the Sky TV?

Is this better? Damn this is complex!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts