7yr old Arcam CD72T upgrade to CD192 is it worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I demoed the cd192 against my old cd72 and was instantly hooked by the better sound.
A couple of years ago i had the laser replaced in the cd72. At the moment its working just fine.
Does anyone think its a good idea to upgrade for £500 but consider the age of the cd72, or do I go the more expensive route and buy a new cd192?
Any ideas much appreciated.

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Dependent on what the rest of your system is, I'd agree with Gregory, buy a second-hand CD192 and sell the CD72, it would be a lot cheaper than the upgrade. My friend went the upgrade route from 7se to 82T cost about £200, I bought an 82T for £300 second-hand, at the time 7se were fetching £150 on eBay. Plus sometines if it's an older player the upgrade doesn't totally equate to the new player, I think my friend was told he'd get 9/10ths of an 82T due to the different casework and power supplies.

A

Anonymous

My system is; B&W603 S3 speakers, Roksan Kandy LIII amp, with the CD192 the sound has so much extra detail and clarity, now my system sounds muffled with the cd72 back in place.

A

Anonymous

I tell you what i would upgrade before the cd player. Your speaker cable. Your system ( and apologies for my last post as i did not notice your system at the bottom of your post) deserves better cable.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
All I can say is that I run a CD192 in my reference system at home (also with B&W speakers) and yes, it would definitely be worth the upgrade.

A

Anonymous

............i've just demoed the Naim CD5i from my local dealer, now that is some piece of kit.
Unbelieveable amounts of detail, could be saying goodbye to Arcam.......
The pace is just incredible, i listen to many genres of music but a do like a bit of heavy rock and metal, and boy can this player rock and certainly knows how to make a tune out of some of the amazin riffs in my collection.
My dealer is willing to exchange my Arcam CD72 plus £700 to purchase the Naim. Sounds good deal?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts