55 inch TV super test in July edition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Extremely pleased with the write up, best super test for years...personally I agree with it 100 percent.....hahaha.....I am glad for the Sony W905a it really showed what are barn stormer of a TV it is and gains the cover edition.When I first started viewing this TV, the black levels were staggering and more than I expected for an LED, even with no dynamic LED settings engaged in the Sony set and viewing in the darken room. HDTV reviews had said in their Ansi contrast test that the Sony panel is darker this time round in its unaided default setting than the Sony HX853. But I still engage the standard dynamic Led setting on thw W905 and in dark room the blacks looks like they are in Plasma heavens kingdom! With ith high luminous whites and best 3D of the lot in the test,effectively trading blows with the definative VT65b Plasma....that really put a smile to my face. The W905a Sony isn't boring in its performance and attempts to break the glass celing - analogous to a 'garnish' riot of an affair with its on your face colour reproductions and many will flock to it if you do not want Plasma.

The Samsung F8000 was aways over rated from day one and finally correctly put into its place.....a very competent Tv....but does Not add anything to the picture compare with the ES8000 of 2012.What Hi Fi was spot on with the sentiment that a TV is about viewing and all the other bells and whistles are just secondary.

The Philips set was a surprise but the looks did not grab me...on price I still would have gone for Sony.I crave the deep deep 'infinite' black levels and triluminous Reds and bright whites... viewing in a dark room. When What Home Cinema choice magazine said the w905a could entice plasma affectionados, how true....it looks great in day and night viewing.....

A great review by What hi fi, unravelling of the truth and no more uncertainties.

As for the trailing Panansonic and Samsung models in the test and....to be fair....it was the use of the LG IPS panels that let those TVs down. I am convinced the Sony W9 actually used a Samsung sourced PVA panel and Samsung likewise...gives max contrast....but the Sony mysteriously seem to have much stricter viewing angle of the two,

D

Deleted member 2457

Another review of the Sony:

http://www.digitalversus.com/tv-television/sony-kdl-55w900a-p15221/test.html#full-review

A

Anonymous

gel said:

I read that W905a review....not impressed.... and not consistent with other prof' opinons out there..... it even suggest the Sony Hx853 was better and had zero 3d cross talk...sorry but no flat panel Tv has zero 3d cross talk. I ignore it.

A better review in French origin is from hdfever.fr.....once translated also suggested the picture of the Sony was more cinematic than the Samsung.....the latter was too sharp and not so good in dimming.It was unequivical in saying that it was no better in contrast than the Samsung ES8000 of 2012.

D

Deleted member 2457

z058261 said:
gel said:

I read that W905a review....not impressed.... and not consistent with other prof' opinons out there..... it even suggest the Sony Hx853 was better and had zero 3d cross talk...sorry but no flat panel Tv has zero 3d cross talk. I ignore it.

A better review in French origin is from hdfever.fr.....once translated also suggested the picture of the Sony was more cinematic than the Samsung.....the latter was too sharp and not so good in dimming.It was unequivical in saying that it was no better in contrast than the Samsung ES8000 of 2012.

I thought it was quite consistent with the WHF review:

http://www.whathifi.com/review/sony-kdl-55w905a

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Perhaps the 'Rose tint' in Z's Tri-luminous glasses is turned up a bit too high......
cool.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts