5.1 speaker system......help please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the process of updating my AV system and have decided on a Panasonic TX37LZD85 LCD TV and Onkyo 606 amp to go with my Technics CD player (can't remember the model), PS3 and Sky+ (not HD).

My question is which (small-medium sized) surround sound speakers should I buy? I watch TV, DVD's, Blu-ray's and listen to music, so I realise that there may have to be some compromise. The Onkyo will be my only amp (I'm trying to de-clutter so I will only have one amp and one set of speakers).

The maximum I can spend is £600 on a speaker package. I am considering the Q Acoustic 1010i or Quad L-ite or KEF 2005 or KEF KHT3005 (not SE). All these are within my price range. Is one of these options best for both movies and music or is there a better option?

Many thanks in anticipation of help (I'm very confused!).

A

Anonymous

bigbex...

i bought the kefs back in february and find them awesome!!

they say the only difference between the original 3005s and the se version was uprated tweeters and a new amp in the sub, i heard them both when looking around and couldnt really differentiate between the 2. so i opted for the 400 quid cheaper 3005's.

the sound is great and the sub will bang on all day long.

i only have an average size living room and it fills the room amazingly.

good luck with your purchase..... whatever that may be!!

chris

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you don't need style speakers, both the Q Acoustic and the Quad packages you've mentioned will out perform the style packages, no question. I'm a fan of the Q Acoustics personally, but you'd need to check them out for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. This is the only area I can't decide on so your comments will help when I come to audition.

A

Anonymous

No one mentioned Cantons - have been looking at them, anyone got any experience of them?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]If you don't need style speakers, both the Q Acoustic and the Quad packages you've mentioned will out perform the style packages, no question. I'm a fan of the Q Acoustics personally, but you'd need to check them out for yourself.[/quote] I agree with the prof. The Quads look nice to me and are supposed to be very good value for money. If you like Rosewood, Superfi are doing it for a pound under £500!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, so I see. I think Quad are releasing a new version so I may be able to get a good deal on the old ones.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS