4k or projector

rabrade

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I undrstand the content debate ,My other hobby to hifi is photography and am editing raw images with 22 mp .The trend seems to indicate

my next camera may be 36mp . I am currently creating a hobby room (double garage conversion) and was considering the panasonic AT600E

but saw that 4k tv sceens were available. I think a 4k tv aas a monitor may be a better route but this is not an area I feel particularly competent in and it is quite an expensive are to make a mistake.

any views?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I've no idea but apparently we have to reply to every question now regardless of whether we can be of any help or not.

Having said that I'm not sure a projector would be much use for image-editing, presumably faithfullness to your colour palate will be vital and with a projector you're going to struggle to achieve that unless you're in total darkness, which I find makes seeing the keyboard difficult... For that sort of work I'd definitely be looking at a flat-screen display over a projector.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
rabrade said:
I undrstand the content debate ,My other hobby to hifi is photography and am editing raw images with 22 mp .The trend seems to indicate

my next camera may be 36mp . I am currently creating a hobby room (double garage conversion) and was considering the panasonic AT600E

but saw that 4k tv sceens were available. I think a 4k tv aas a monitor may be a better route but this is not an area I feel particularly competent in and it is quite an expensive are to make a mistake.

any views?

A calibrated 4K screen would be the best route in specific answer to your question. However it would probably be useful to demo the two anyway to see if you feel there are any benefits to a projector solution, I suspect not however.

abacus

If you’re doing photographic editing, forget TVs and Projectors as they are of no use whatsoever,

What you need is an IPS panel of the size and resolution you need for your work.

Consult the Digital Photo Magazines for this as Home Cinema pictures have nothing relevant to photo editing.

Hope this helps

Bill

rabrade

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for those replies they have helped me decide what to do rather than what I wanted to do.

I will move my dell Ultrasharp and upgrade the network.

I will await to see what becomes of 4k pricing I see Phillips today have received an EISA award and their entry may

lower prices in the short term ie by next spring. I was never really comfortable with the projector route as it was likely

to compromise the layout.So I guess wait and see may be best rather than first adopter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts