Get a benq w1070 / epson tw5300 projector or a 55inches 4k TV.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I know projector and TV serve different purpose but am I'm need of general advice as to if to get a 4k or 1080p projector. I suppose it comes down to size vs resolution. Now my question is would a TV 4k resolution be far superior over a 1080p projector or does the huge image a projector can produce out weigh the extra resolution that 4k offer.

In addition, is there enough 4k content now to justify splashing on 4k TV.

Also, out of benq w1070 and Epson tw5300, which is better in terms of picture quality.

abacus

You will need to view the projectors yourself to see which suits.

A TV needs to be at least 65” to get even a slight cinematic experience, whereas a projector completely immerses you, so projector all the way.

Others may have a different view, but for me a 55” TV is only good for the News and Bargain Hunt and is totally useless for a cinematic experience.

Bill

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your view guys. Out of Benq w1070 and Epson tw5300, which would give the best picture quality. Also the room have walls would a projector work in such room.

abacus

The projectors mentioned use 2 different technologies’ each with their own plus and minus points, so the only way to see which suits you is to try them out at a dealers. (No one can make that decision for you)

Bill

ibl0010 said:
Thanks for your view guys. Out of Benq w1070 and Epson tw5300, which would give the best picture quality. Also the room have walls would a projector work in such room.
Depends on the projector screen. I've for Draper ReAct 2.1 screen (replaced by 3.0 now) which is a silver grey screen and ideal for ambient light. So I can watch in relatively bright conditions too. The walls are white.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Big boss, you just lead me to my next question about the wall paint. The room will be painted white and still debating a whether or not to paint one wall a darker colour as featured wall. Are there any projector friendly paint out there to paint the walls and out of matt, silk or soft sheen which would be better in a room with a projector in.

Also you said your room is white. May I please ask which white paint did you use for the room your projector is in?

As far as I'm aware, paints are not as good as dedicated projector screens. You can have a fixed screen which is far cheaper than motorised ones.

I don't remember the colour name (it's a very light magnolia, almost white). Check my home cinema pics via link in my signature.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts