Deliemma: buy a new 55 inches or keep my w1070 projector.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Since my benq w1070 projector gets used only now and then, the idea of selling it and buy a 55 inches 4k or full hd tv in the region of £800 came to me the other day. The w1070 projector is cheaper than a tv and I must admit the w1070 considering it's price offer good picture quality. As you probably can tell by now my issue revolve around picture quality between a w1070 projector vs a 55 inches tv in the region of £800. I wouldn't want to splash out on a new tv if the tv is not going to give me better picture quality than my current w1070 projector. Hopefully any one out there who has compared the picture quality of 4k / full hd tv vs w1070 or (compare picture quality of tv and projector in general) can tell me whether tv in the region of £800 will offer superior or the same picture quality as a benq w1070 projector.

Why are you using the projector only now and then and not more frequently? Would you watch more if it was a TV?

In my experience, a TV cannot compare with a projector. The sheer size of the image makes the projector more attractive to watch. I've stopped watching films on TV now, only use the projector.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Why are you using the projector only now and then and not more frequently? Would you watch more if it was a TV?

In my experience, a TV cannot compare with a projector. The sheer size of the image makes the projector more attractive to watch. I've stopped watching films on TV now, only use the projector.

I agree with sheer size projector gives but am more about picture quality. the plan was to set up my w1070 projector properly in a dedictated room to watch movies but sadly the room had to be used for something else and I don't watch film as frequently as I want. This is why I only get the projector out now and then projecting on a bedroom wall till I decide whether to sell and get a tv or keep the projector.

The next location I thought about setting up my w1070 is my bedroom (not even sure if projector are suitable for bedroom) which is not projector friendly as my bedroom has magnolia wall and white ceiling and I can't turn my bedroom in bat cave.

Though a 55 inches is tiny compare to a projector image size, I think I will get more use out of a tv than a projector because 1) I can use a tv all day without worrying about burning the bulb too quickly. 2) projector can't be left running every day cause the build will build out too quickly. 3) projector involved a lot of work to get the best out of them. For example, measures has to be taken to prevent sun coming in from window and the room has to be painted dark colour as well to stop lights reflecting back to the screen.

My walls are magnolia and ceiling is white. Yet I enjoy my projector immensely. All I've got is curtains with blackout lining on the bay window. Quality of projector screen is equally important. I've got Draper ReAct 2.1 which is a silver grey screen that rejects ambient light. So I can actually enjoy watching my projector with curtains open and lights switched on.

Both TV and projector have distinct uses. I thought you were planning on having a TV as well as a projector.

ibl0010

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
My walls are magnolia and ceiling is white. Yet I enjoy my projector immensely. All I've got is curtains with blackout lining on the bay window. Quality of projector screen is equally important. I've got Draper ReAct 2.1 which is a silver grey screen that rejects ambient light. So I can actually enjoy watching my projector with curtains open and lights switched on.

Both TV and projector have distinct uses. I thought you were planning on having a TV as well as a projector.

I have a 32 in tv and to be honest I use my 32 inches than my w1070 projector and now that the only place to set up a projector is my bedroom I thought I might as well sell the projector then add more cash to it and buy a full hd or 4k 55 inches tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts