4K Multi Disc Player?

benjo37

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I live in a small flat and want to maximise space with a high performance, stand-alone multi disc player. Can anyone recommend a solid 4K equivalent to 2012's Denon DBP-2012UD at a similar price point? I am aware of the Pioneer UDP-LX500 and Panasonic DP-UB9000 but these are from 2019. Are there any other contenders? Is anyone aware of any upcoming releases?

Thanks, I did mean multi-disk but a universal multi-disk player would definitely be the Holy Grail !
best of luck with that.
the ones you mentioned are not multi -disc.
I think you are maybe getting terminology wrong. Do you mean a player that you can load multiple discs at once ? Like a jukebox?
Or do you mean one which will play CD, bluray, DVD etc by loading a single disc?

abacus

The Pioneer although universal has not been available for ages; the Panasonic is just a 4K Blu-Ray player, regarding the Reavon you need the X110 or X200 as the x100 does not do SACD.
Another player that is universal is the Sony UBP-X800M2, which is also way cheaper than the others and is solidly built. (Its OS is not the most user friendly when it comes to Dolby Vision though)

Bill

The Pioneer although universal has not been available for ages; the Panasonic is just a 4K Blu-Ray player, regarding the Reavon you need the X110 or X200 as the x100 does not do SACD.
Another player that is universal is the Sony UBP-X800M2, which is also way cheaper than the others and is solidly built. (Its OS is not the most user friendly when it comes to Dolby Vision though)

Bill
we need to clarify first what exactly he means by multi-disc.....

benjo37

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
My understanding was that multi disc meant 'multi format' i.e. 4k, standard blu ray, dvd and cd (which is what I'm after) and universal disc referred to the global region i.e. DVD region 1, 2, etc and Blu Ray region A, B, etc.

nads

My understanding was that multi disc meant 'multi format' i.e. 4k, standard blu ray, dvd and cd (which is what I'm after) and universal disc referred to the global region i.e. DVD region 1, 2, etc and Blu Ray region A, B, etc.
multi And universal are the same.

if you want a multi region player they are only available as a hack to the software.

All players will play 4K blu ray, standard blu ray, DVD and CD. Is there any other disc you want support of?

With regards to multiregion, they sell multiregion players.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts