42 inch LG LED or 42 inch Panasonic Plasma? (budget £450)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm after a new TV for the family room. I've always had and loved panasonic plasma TVs and have always been disappointed when i've seen an LCD one.

For around £450 i can get a LG 42 LED or a 600 Hz Panasonic 42 Plasma. Apart from the LCD being thinner and lighter, are there are any other advantages?

I use mainly Sky HD, PS3 for games and Blu Rays and standard DVDs.

The models i am looking at are LG 42LV355T (current model) and PANASONIC Viera TX-P42U30B 42" Full HD Plasma (old model).

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
You might be better served if you up your budget a little. If you can scrape together another £200 you could look at the Panasonic TX-P42G30B.

As far as I can tell, the Panasonic you mention is a 2011 model (the 30B product code indicates this). I can't find any thorough reviews, but I skimmed a few owners threads elsewhere and people seem pretty happy.

I'd also ignore the "600 Hz" specification. It refers to Panasonic's Intelligent Frame Creation (IFC) motion processing technology (a sub-field drive rather an actual 600 frames-per-second scan-rate). Besides, when engaged, the results can be pretty strange. It's best to ignore this kind of marketing.

As always, auditioning shortlisted options is essential before buying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts