3D Sound CDs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, because we 2 channel buddies are going to overtake the kind people in the 5.1 job zone, I though I would create a hybrid subject - 2 channel 3d sound songs. About a week ago, I first listened to Madonna Vouge on my hi-fi and I was utterly suprised. When it breaks down for the middle 8 and she goes "Greta Garbo and Monroe Deitrich and DiMaggio Marlon Brando.. Jimmy Dean On the cover of a magazine" (I'm sure you all know it) the words are from along side you! I was utterly amazed! The sound was outside the speakers (ie to the left of the left speaker and right of the right speaker) and there was a constant snapping sound that came from on the ceiling! And then there's the bass at the start... I can guarantee if you get out a copy this evening and give it a blast quite loud preferably you will be amazed. This is not the sort of song I would expect audiophile quality from (and it very nearly is) so PLEASE listen to it whether its tacky and dated or not because I can guarantee it will make you love the good old 2 channel! So on that note, are there any other songs like this people have heard?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]The sound was outside the speakers (ie to the left of the left speaker and right of the right speaker) and there was a constant snapping sound that came from on the ceiling! [/quote]

Exorcism!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="Hughes123"]The sound was outside the speakers (ie to the left of the left speaker and right of the right speaker) and there was a constant snapping sound that came from on the ceiling! [/quote]

Exorcism!
[/quote]

ha ha ha! : )

A

Anonymous

For benchmark purposes there was and probably still is two of the best examples, one, a sampler CD from Sensaura Audio Reality by CPL, recorded at Abbey Road which is a four track affair featuring a roadside, railway station, RAF band and the Final Dance by Falla which gives you a truly amazing 3D sound from 2 channels and as far as I'm aware has not been bettered. The second being the music and sound effects from Alan Parsons & Stephen Court's Sound Check CD again mastered at Abbey Road, my favourite being the 1000mph jet flypast - play that at full blast and everyone ducks.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I get he most amazing 3D effect from CD when listening to Clapton at 102db measured in the bathroom and suddenly get wacked around my ears with a voice shouting from ... behind. - Incredible

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
I get he most amazing 3D effect from CD when listening to Clapton at 102db measured in the bathroom and suddenly get wacked around my ears with a voice shouting from ... behind. - Incredible
[/quote]

Is that on CD? I havn't heard any vinyls which manage to do this yet.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I knew, that was my sarcastic comment about vinyl! Perhaps I should have added ; )

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]
Yeah I knew, that was my sarcastic comment about vinyl! Perhaps I should have added ; )
[/quote]

Forgiven ... as its wednesday

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Track 5 on LHB's Dig You May Find a Friend. It's a showstopper and if anyone ever comes round, crack it on after a few drinks and it sounds like...well track 2 on Dark Side of the Moon. All atmosphere and movement and angles and distances and....

A

Anonymous

practically any track on air, 10000hz legend. It sounds unreal at times with pings and synth noises zipping about all over the place. production quality is stunning too.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
At the moment the Chemical Brothers are singing from just inside my chimney fireplace. Bizarre as the speakers are 2m away on either side

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]At the moment the Chemical Brothers are singing from just inside my chimney fireplace. Bizarre as the speakers are 2m away on either side[/quote]

'Holographic' eh?

How those Proacs hanging in there, Joel? (I did breathe a sigh of relief when you liked them, I'd have felt reponsible if you hadn't
emotion-1.gif
)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="JoelSim"]At the moment the Chemical Brothers are singing from just inside my chimney fireplace. Bizarre as the speakers are 2m away on either side[/quote]

'Holographic' eh?

How those Proacs hanging in there, Joel? (I did breathe a sigh of relief when you liked them, I'd have felt reponsible if you hadn't
emotion-1.gif
)[/quote]

Unfortunately they are back in the boxes awaiting the new kitchen being fitted which keeps getting delayed.

It's annoying.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts